Wilson Combat

Two Dogs

Fanatic
I am super disappointed in their customer support. I bought an ambi safety for my prodigy. Had it fitted. Right side kept falling put. Gunsmith told me was a product issue. Didn't believe him. Took to a second gunsmith. And a third. Same answers.
I kept using it and picking it up off ground. Story goes I finally lost it. Meanwhile I had been calling Wilson combat daily. More Tha. Half a dozen times I was on phone for nearly two hours. Dumb of me right? So I also sent in emails through support system. And of course get immediate automated response. To date have emailed them 13 times. Still haven't spoken to customer support on phone or email
I had bought Wilson combat because I have had other products in the past that worked well. And of course they are the most expensive.
Today I have given them 3 weeks to respond. I am ready now to tell my story in hopes of getting their attenion.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I am super disappointed in their customer support. I bought an ambi safety for my prodigy. Had it fitted. Right side kept falling put. Gunsmith told me was a product issue. Didn't believe him. Took to a second gunsmith. And a third. Same answers.
I kept using it and picking it up off ground. Story goes I finally lost it. Meanwhile I had been calling Wilson combat daily. More Tha. Half a dozen times I was on phone for nearly two hours. Dumb of me right? So I also sent in emails through support system. And of course get immediate automated response. To date have emailed them 13 times. Still haven't spoken to customer support on phone or email
I had bought Wilson combat because I have had other products in the past that worked well. And of course they are the most expensive.
Today I have given them 3 weeks to respond. I am ready now to tell my story in hopes of getting their attenion.
I don't understand why you just don't take it to a trusted gunsmith. Have them fix it and be done with it? Not worth bad mouthing Wilson Combat over. Once It's fixed, then you can decide if you'd care to deal with Wilson anymore. I'd like to know how you approached said problem? Were you polite, or were you rude when you contacted them? Your response seems a bit overwhelming. My personal opinion. Yours is obviously different. As far as $160.00 for a thumb safety that should be under warranty I would think? Something doesn't sound quite right.

Two Dogs

Fanatic
I don't understand why you just don't take it to a trusted gunsmith. Have them fix it and be done with it? Not worth bad mouthing Wilson Combat over. Once It's fixed, then you can decide if you'd care to deal with Wilson anymore. I'd like to know how you approached said problem? Were you polite, or were you rude when you contacted them? Your response seems a bit overwhelming. My personal opinion. Yours is obviously different. As far as $160.00 for a thumb safety that should be under warranty I would think? Something doesn't sound quite right.
Did u not read my post? Can't contact wilson combat cause don't respond to emails or answer phone. And yes two gunsmiths and a guy who knows 1911/2011s inside and out. And perhaps Wilson Combat will address this forum.... and my issues. Until then I am not afraid to tell truth.
And yes 160 thumb safety should be under waranty..... if they would respond.

Two Dogs

Fanatic
Did u not read my post? Can't contact wilson combat cause don't respond to emails or answer phone. And yes two gunsmiths and a guy who knows 1911/2011s inside and out. And perhaps Wilson Combat will address this forum.... and my issues. Until then I am not afraid to tell truth.
I invite you to reread my original post.

Two Dogs

Fanatic
Update. I would like to remove this thread. I reached out again to Wilson combat support. Missy in customer service contacted me. She res3arched my order a d gave me a full refund and apologized. I told her I appreciated it and would like to Thank her for her help today! Guess they had a freeze in their area and disrupted business. All good now.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Update. I would like to remove this thread. I reached out again to Wilson combat support. Missy in customer service contacted me. She res3arched my order a d gave me a full refund and apologized. I told her I appreciated it and would like to Thank her for her help today! Guess they had a freeze in their area and disrupted business. All good now.
Glad it worked out for you.

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
Done business with WC for 25 years.

Top notch customer service.

EVERY. TIME. I. HEAR. A. COMPLAINT. There is more to it and often it is the customer jumping the gun on call back expectation or it's a "third party witness" more jealous that they can't afford one than actually having a problem.

If you are polite and reasonable they always make you feel loved. Their quality control is superb and most complaints I have heard Don't seem reasonable or believeable.

I am not saying there is never a reason to want better service but as in the case of this thread there was a legitimate reason for the slow reply (freeze) and WC solved the issue well and made the complainer feel embarrassed that he jumped the gun.

Just say'n

Latest posts