Wilshire Gun Range Oklahoma City

jeffhughes

Well-Known Fanatic
2A in Tulsa has a similar if not the same ventilation system. It's awesome and they are having no trouble thriving....

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I emailed her about our forum a couple days ago, and OSA, too. Hopefully their business will be worth our while.

Jonathan Waits

Well-Known Fanatic
It sounds like it will be a great place, and judging by the Marketing Manager's responses and friendliness and willing to even have us out to visit the construction in person, I would say it will be well worth our wile, if nothing else, just to have somewhere to go besides H&H. While I have never had a "bad" experience at H&H, they have a little more of the big box store feel than they used to. I am not sure if this will be a store as well, or strictly just a range, kind of sounds like just a range, but will still be great. The more options for us the better. If where up to me there would be a range on every street corner lol. Here is that picture that was sent to me earlier.

Attachments

• 100 yard range interior wall 10 feet.jpg
    100 yard range interior wall 10 feet.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 0

Signal22

Active Fanatic
[SIZE=10.5pt]I know Jane and have talked to her about Wilshire Gun quite a bit in the last few months. At Wilshire's core is the range complex and the scheduling of shooting events, Jane wants to schedule blocks of range time where shooters of similar interests can meet and enjoy the range in "their shooting peer atmosphere" (novice shooters, self-defense, women’s, competition, club member only, etc). That will also allow people wanting to try a new shooting sport to meet up with shooters of that interest. The firing lines for the different ranges are completely separated from each other. The short ranges, whose firing lines are parallel, are completely separated from each other by concrete filled demising walls. So, out on the firing line, it won’t feel like your in the middle of a massive TIC.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]They are planning on equipping the 100 yard range with a camera system so you don’t have to reel in your target a lot or drag a spotter scope to the range. Several ranges are planned for 360 rotational target presentation capabilities to facilitate self-defense and competition training. As discussed earlier, the air handling system is top notch. The goal: Provide a user friendly, safe, and fun place to enjoy shooting.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Other aspects of Wilshire are an archery range, gunsmith shop, small Café with catering capabilities, VIP Club complete with lounge, firearms store[/SIZE], event rooms and training classrooms.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Wilshire is going to be a shooters club at heart. If you have any requests or recommendations let me know and I’ll pass them along.[/SIZE]

istandalone

Well-Known Fanatic
Hope this works out. Good to have a nice range on the north side (even if it borders the Hood). We've had a few that didn't last too long.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Jesse Tischauser said:
Just received this email from the new range on Wilshire...

"Hi Jesse.

I was reading your post on Wilshire Gun on BoomerShooter.com. We are thrilled to visit with you about starting matches â€" we intend to be as accommodating as possible and are excited about being discussed on BoomerShooter.com. If you will send me your mailing address, I’ll drop a small gift in the mail to you for joining the email list. The team at Wilshire Gun is happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks again."

Sounds promising!!!

awesome.. so are you planning on meeting with them about matches??

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
benjamin-benjamin said:
I offered my services but like any match the trick is finding a match director(s) to run the match regularly.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Burk Cornelius said:
I know, it was tough. But it takes many dollars to remain in public commercial business. Hopefully they won't suck; they are 1-1/2 miles from my house.

dennishoddy

Signal22 said:
[SIZE=10.5pt] "their shooting peer atmosphere" (novice shooters, self-defense, women’s, competition, club member only, etc). That will also allow people wanting to try a new shooting sport to meet up with shooters of that interest.[/SIZE]

I don't see the peer atmosphere being an advantage. Any sport needs mentors to advance. Even with natural talent that the top shooters have, they didn't get there by not having mentors that had been there before them, and they have advanced their level by watching those more advanced.

I grew up moto cross racing, and my desire to reach the level of the pro's is what drove me to improve. Spent more time on the track at practice, learning/watching from the pro's, and advanced racers with their tips they freely gave makes the difference in a so-so competitor, or one that is willing to take the jump to competition.

Nothing different in shooting.

SpaceFlunky

Well-Known Fanatic
benjamin-benjamin said:

This is what they said when i asked about having matches there.

"[SIZE=11pt]We absolutely are going to be hosting matches. Our Manager of Range and Instruction Services will be responsible for setting these up"[/SIZE]

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
This kind of thing has worked very well in many larger demographic markets

You guys need to understand.... There is a new sub group of firearms owner who responds to a country club atmosphere so to speak.

Women are the largest new purchase demographic group in the nation - and that my boys changes the sales, service and training game

Second--- the "not raised with guns" male who is getting into ownership and self defense.
H and H was cutting edge 10 years ago.... But I think he's missed the boat - shooting in a concrete room appeals to those folks many of you folks smirk at ( face it---- lots of OSA people shoot there- when they finally shoot ). I fear the late Heartland Outdoors was part of a 5 year tax plan.... They were on the right track in many ways- but closing outright when they could have sold to somebody screams tax loophole to me.
A lot of urban people have not had the traditional exposure to firearms you guys are familiar with

If capitalized right.... A USSA - type place with " ambience" would do well in any metro area.

Jonathan Waits

Well-Known Fanatic
benjamin-benjamin said:
is there something i missed??
This is an email I received from Jane Moran, the marketing manager: "will you be heading over to Wilshire Gun at lunch time on Monday with some of the BoomerShooter guys? Sure hope so. I will be at the SHOT show but Jeff Swanson, GM, and Matthew Moulton, Manager of Range and Instruction Services will be meeting with you. I’ll catch you next time."

Glockman85

Well-Known Fanatic
Matt Rigsby said:
I did.
Had to pay the postage on it too which was weird.
Got mine! I emailed her to say thank you. She ask me if I had to pay postage and told me there were issues from the post office.

Latest posts