Who uses a 9mm for Competition

ripnbst

Well-Known Fanatic
Corey said:
I bought a Glock 24 to shoot USPSA with then I bought a 9mm conversation barrel to shoot 3 gun I have never put the 40 barrel back in
What do you guys talk about?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Well gee whiz mr salesman. Why don't you just hand me the item I'm interested in buying and let me decide if its the right choice or not.

MG23

Well-Known Fanatic
Exactly Matt! Needless to say they are not getting my business. I hate not supporting local businesses, but you want to act like idiots you don't need my money.

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
dennishoddy said:
Steel is calibrated with a 9mm if there is a protest about the steel not being set right.

zombiegirl said:
Good to know :wink:)))

It is recomended to be a 9mm but does not have to be. But the ammo has to be sub minor 115 to 125 PF.

USPSA Handgun Rules, June 2010 Edition • 69
Calibration Ammunition:
13. A sufficient supply of match calibration ammunition must be available and
used to calibrate steel targets and (when necessary) verify the match chrono-
graph.
14. To assure consistency, the match calibration ammunition should be com-
prised of ammunition from the same lot. 9x19mm is the recommended cal-
iber.
15. The ammunition, as fired through each designated handgun, should achieve
a power factor between 115.0 and 125.0.

Jer Fry

Well-Known Fanatic
I've shot 9mm every match i've ever shot. Steel isn't a problem. If done correctly they are calibrated for 9mm. In USPSA the disadvantage is shooting minor PF, unless you cram a lot more powder in your loads to make major. There are those who do. It is great for 3-gun since PF isn't an issue and you get lower recoil.

At "Area 4" this year I had to call for a calibration on a pepper popper that didn't fall. An official came and shot her 9mm at the steel, it remained standing, they adjusted it an i got a reshoot.

22+1

Well-Known Fanatic
Seems like someone that shot the Chevy series for 7 years would know what a 9mm could do. hmmm...

Zekernst

H & H
crap, ive been shooting 9mm in single stack and limited for about 7 years now due to the simplicity of loading one caliber for my son and I both to share. I guess that is where I went wrong. I always shot under the belief that major or minor, an A hit is 5 points? I wish we had knowledgable gun shop dudes like that here locally, i'd probably be a semi-pro by now! lol

Latest posts