who is ready for deer season?

dennishoddy

With this heat, I haven't done much. Went to the farm last week and got the window frame out of the blind. It got broken, and the roof blown off with some 90 mph winds last month. The blind is full of owl poop. Lots of work to do there. I'll need to mow and disk the food plots, and repair two feeders.

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
Our plots look terrible right now. All the sunflowers we put for dive and quail are dead. Only about 1/4 of the milo is still alive. We have some clover that's doing alright...

Plan on building a 6x6 enclosed stand around late sept early oct because I don't like being cold. :)

OkPatriotSupply

Well-Known Fanatic
The floor and walls are missing from my deer stand so I have to replace those along with welding up a few cracks in the frame that where busted this winter when they filled up with water and froze. Think I might build a roof on it too if I have time.

KeithCross

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm just starting to try to cultivate my FIL's land into prime deer-hunting land, but doing so on a budget! He's got a pond, which I've seen tracks around, and there are woods nearby all around. I think this year I'm just gonna put out some PVC gravity feeders to see what I can draw in.
My son & I hunted it for the first time last year and we saw plenty of sign, and a smallish buck on opening day so I know they're around!
Getting pumped!

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
I've been fillin up the feeders and checking game cams all summer. I fixed up and extra feeder and put it out last week. Got new batteries in the cams and put another one out last week too. Put out mineral and deer cain about a month ago. They are hitting all of it hard. Deer, turkeys and hogs. I'm ready!

hermnrob

Well-Known Fanatic
Still a few weeks out to plant in my neck of the woods. Usually plant the first week of Sept. clover, purple top turnips & rape. good luck to everyone.

Topshotdudley

Team Scalpel Arms
I'm just starting to try to cultivate my FIL's land into prime deer-hunting land, but doing so on a budget! He's got a pond, which I've seen tracks around, and there are woods nearby all around. I think this year I'm just gonna put out some PVC gravity feeders to see what I can draw in.
My son & I hunted it for the first time last year and we saw plenty of sign, and a smallish buck on opening day so I know they're around!
Getting pumped!
goodluck to you and your son!!!

Topshotdudley

Team Scalpel Arms
I've been fillin up the feeders and checking game cams all summer. I fixed up and extra feeder and put it out last week. Got new batteries in the cams and put another one out last week too. Put out mineral and deer cain about a month ago. They are hitting all of it hard. Deer, turkeys and hogs. I'm ready!
sounds fun!!

Topshotdudley

Team Scalpel Arms
Still a few weeks out to plant in my neck of the woods. Usually plant the first week of Sept. clover, purple top turnips & rape. good luck to everyone.
hope ya'll get ALOT of rain!!!!

hermnrob

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I hope it continues but unlike most of the Country we have been blessed with rain and moderate heat. We had about two weeks of very hot temps and a no rain in late June but other then that it has rained two to three times a week. It's been hard keeping the farm cut due to rain but the garden is doing great. Stone good luck with the heat and rain over your way!

dennishoddy

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344133611.533244.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344133611.533244.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 52
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344133641.729525.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344133641.729525.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 59
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344133673.964908.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344133673.964908.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 57
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344133713.061940.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344133713.061940.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 47

dennishoddy

My wife tells me that deer hunting in the yard is a two shot deal.

one shot for the deer, one shot for me if i dare shoot one......lol!

Latest posts