Which scope for 3Gun?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
What matches are you planing on shooting? If the long range shooting at those matches is 300 yards or less you don't need more than a $300 Burris Tac30. The higher powered fancy reticle scopes start to shine out on the longer stuff. I have 3 Swarovski Z6i's. They loaned me one and I bought two others. They are the best I've seen which is what I wanted and could afford.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
In the second focal plain scopes the Bushnell is a good one! So is the Vortex! On a bit higher plain is the Swaro, however the Bushnell is perfectly regulated out to 700 yards the rest you have to tune your load to the scope.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
But Ive never shot past 600 in a match or ever for that matter. Well actually the bullets probably went well over 1500 yards when I missed the 590 yard targets.

By "perfectly regulated" do you mean the BDC is built for a particular bullet trajectory like the vortex as compared to standard size drops like the Swaro?

RedRaider271

Well-Known Fanatic
Ive ran a couple of different scopes since i started and I ended up with the Leupold multi-gun, I shot some friends swaro's...and they are nice, but just couldnt swing price the price tag... I really like the Leupold multgun for me.. good glass...nice reticle and fire dot. I shoot out to 500 all the time with mine no problems...
just my 2 cents.

CrtsHarris

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, I am gonna bite the bullet and get the Swaro, too many thumbs up to get anything else. Now I just have to find one in stock at a decent price!

MiniUzi

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5 BRT-2 in second focal plane and I took it out to a little shy of 300 yesterday for the first time and I was getting my hits.I do enjoy this scope.

Latest posts