Which maker?

For the same amount of money($3500.00,considering everything. Reputation, Cust. Service, Lead time,

• Wilson Combat

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Nighthawk Custom

Votes: 25 80.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
The pictured NH TRS is a good looking, business-like 1911. I would like the opportunity to handle and shoot one, then likely purchase.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
personally, I think Nighthawks and Baers are close to custom builds. The Nighthawks are more refined aesthetically and have a better finish.

both shoot light out.

fwiw ,most wilson 9mm guns I have owned have had to go back for ejection pattern touch ups

All of my nighthawks have had Bob Reeves assure that zero brass ejects at me( after the first one did just that, I now ask Bob to verify ejection for me--talk about personal service!!!

Kevin Rohrer

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
And the same TRS now sporting unicorn-horn TRS grips.

NHTRS2.jpeg

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Which gun manufacture would you pick, out of the two?
Just me being difficult, I don't know which one of these two, but given the choice of any semi custom, I'd chose an Ed Brown from years ago, when they really cared about the guns they made, not just how fast they can crank out whatever is the latest thing. Funny thing, the older I get the more opinionated I become, and I care less and less, about what other folks think of me, or of my opinions. I think that's one of the best things about this group. We have our own opinions of different things, and for the most part, we respect everyone else's even when it Isn't necessarily our own. That is a really big thing to me. Thank you everyone.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Just me being difficult, I don't know which one of these two, but given the choice of any semi custom, I'd chose an Ed Brown from years ago, when they really cared about the guns they made, not just how fast they can crank out whatever is the latest thing. Funny thing, the older I get the more opinionated I become, and I care less and less, about what other folks think of me, or of my opinions. I think that's one of the best things about this group. We have our own opinions of different things, and for the most part, we respect everyone else's even when it Isn't necessarily our own. That is a really big thing to me. Thank you everyone.

I have an EB Kobra Carry. I agree the older EB's are outstanding. Now days I'm skeptical on everything and everybody. Seems that quality has fallen everywhere I look and go. And I know that not just me. Sad, the state this country has been put in.
I agree 100%. It's so very sad that people don't seem to give a rat's butt anymore. I know a lot who still do, but those who don't seem to be the ones that you notice.

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
Between the two I would go Wilson. The Nitehawks just don't fit my hand as well.

Both make great guns. Both companies have great customer service.

But over time I prefer a gun made for me. Carrying a Kimber Gold Match full house custom by John Jardine……..not just superb…….MAGIC!

Attachments

• D55BCFD6-7B37-4925-BB6D-0E499A87C31C.jpeg
    D55BCFD6-7B37-4925-BB6D-0E499A87C31C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Between the two I would go Wilson. The Nitehawks just don't fit my hand as well.

Both make great guns. Both companies have great customer service.

But over time I prefer a gun made for me. Carrying a Kimber Gold Match full house custom by John Jardine……..not just superb…….MAGIC!
I love the Marlin. Is that the shorter barrel, with the straight stock? I bough one quite a few years ago. Pre hammer safety 18.5 ' barrel, straight stock. My other one is a 24" barrel with the short magazine. I bought it years ago too. I believe it was made in 1954, one year younger than me. Those old Marlins were so smooth. Almost like butter.

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
I love the Marlin. Is that the shorter barrel, with the straight stock? I bough one quite a few years ago. Pre hammer safety 18.5 ' barrel, straight stock. My other one is a 24" barrel with the short magazine. I bought it years ago too. I believe it was made in 1954, one year younger than me. Those old Marlins were so smooth. Almost like butter.
Hi Bob……that's a 410 built on an old Marlin 336. By FFFFAAARRRRR my favorite shotgun……it's a killer. NOTHING gets by it!.……….this one is just like butter…….everything it sees is toast!

Hell of a build by Ranger Point Precision when they did that sort of thing.

idlethunder

Fanatic
I've had a couple of both and the fit, finish, function, and customer service from both companies has been excellent. If I absolutely had to choose between the two, I'd have to go with Nighthawk. The reason being that the T3 pictured has been a carry gun for over 15 years with thousands of rounds thru it and except for very slight muzzle wear, it still looks and feels new.

Attachments

• NHC.JPG
    NHC.JPG
    222.8 KB · Views: 7

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I've had a couple of both and the fit, finish, function, and customer service from both companies has been excellent. If I absolutely had to choose between the two, I'd have to go with Nighthawk. The reason being that the T3 pictured has been a carry gun for over 15 years with thousands of rounds thru it and except for very slight muzzle wear, it still looks and feels new.
Love Commander sized 1911's. Yours is gorgeous!

KyCarl

Fanatic
I have both Nighthawk and Wilson but my Matt McLearn is nicer than either!

Attachments

• MattMcLearn2.jpg
    MattMcLearn2.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 11