What's your favorite muzzle comp for rise and recoil

aeropb

Well-Known Fanatic
I can make a comp look pretty good (or bad) pretty easily with how I hold the gun. I'm sure that comp is great, but it isn't going to turn you into Jesse Tischauser.

If I can double tap a IPSC guy at 100 yds. as fast as I can pull the trigger, I'm happy.

Same here, if I take a good stance I can do a mag dump out of any 556/545/762x39 MG with or without a comp and there will be no muzzle climb. Then again I've blown a few paychecks practicing.

nwlr82

Well-Known Fanatic
I own and have shot the Rolling Thunder, Titan and PRI CQB comp quite a bit, and have shot several others.

My take? The big name comps are all very close in performance, but they affect the muzzle in different ways. Whatever you get, you'll get used to it, and develop muscle memory.
So if I were to be looking to get a comp that would keep my sites on target for double taps, out of your experience what do you suggest?

Aab

Fanatic
I use the Surefire MB556K comp and I love it. The Surefire reduced my horizontal muzzle drift greatly, especially with practice. I think that whatever you use often you will grow to appreciate. At some point preference becomes the precedence and performance benefits are marginal.