What's your favorite muzzle comp for rise and recoil

nwlr82

Well-Known Fanatic
What's your favorite muzzle comp? What is more important to you: reduction in muzzle rise, felt recoil, or flash supressor?

KillShot

Well-Known Fanatic
For a CQB role such as run & gun, take a look at the Primary Weapons Systems FSC30. I had one on my P308 and it works tremendously well, however, if you're a gravel belly it will throw **** all over the shooters to the left and right of the muzzle blast.

If you're more of a precision shooter, take a look at the a Primary Weapons Systems PRC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rCyouldmzA

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a Levang on mine until the middle of March when my tax stamp should be in for my suppressor.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
You see a lot of SJC Titan and Triangle shooting sports Rolling Thunder comps at the big 3 gun matches. The Surefire comp is pretty popular and do Is the JP.

I have used all but the Surefire. I like the Titan the best right now.

The most important thing time is muzzle movement. If the sights aren't leaving the target you can get your subsequent shots on target fast.

nwlr82

Well-Known Fanatic
You see a lot of SJC Titan and Triangle shooting sports Rolling Thunder comps at the big 3 gun matches. The Surefire comp is pretty popular and do Is the JP.

I have used all but the Surefire. I like the Titan the best right now.

The most important thing time is muzzle movement. If the sights aren't leaving the target you can get your subsequent shots on target fast.

Why do you like the Titan Jesse? Does it work on felt recoil or muzzle rise? Also wanted to ask your oppinion on the Stag 3G comp, from articles and reviews I've read it supposedly elimnates muzzle rise which I find to be impressive in such a small package.

By the way my main concern is to eliminate muzzle rise, because fel recoil and flash suppressent doesnt concern me.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
The Titan does a good job on recoil and a great job on muzzle rise. But it is definitely the loudest out there. I shot a friend's JP last weekend and was pretty impressed with it also.

nwlr82

Well-Known Fanatic
The Titan does a good job on recoil and a great job on muzzle rise. But it is definitely the loudest out there. I shot a friend's JP last weekend and was pretty impressed with it also.

Which JP comp there are three that I know of

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
I preferred the Titan so that's what I bought, but the rolling thunder is pretty close and there is a drop off in performance after that IMO. This is one of the 2 areas where JP doesn't make the best part available.

Chambers

actual GM
I own and have shot the Rolling Thunder, Titan and PRI CQB comp quite a bit, and have shot several others.

My take? The big name comps are all very close in performance, but they affect the muzzle in different ways. Whatever you get, you'll get used to it, and develop muscle memory.

Chambers

actual GM
I'm currently running a Rolling Thunder but I'm kind of interested in the Firebird Comp

I can make a comp look pretty good (or bad) pretty easily with how I hold the gun. I'm sure that comp is great, but it isn't going to turn you into Jesse Tischauser.

If I can double tap a IPSC guy at 100 yds. as fast as I can pull the trigger, I'm happy.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I can make a comp look pretty good (or bad) pretty easily with how I hold the gun. I'm sure that comp is great, but it isn't going to turn you into Jesse Tischauser.

If I can double tap a IPSC guy at 100 yds. as fast as I can pull the trigger, I'm happy.
I agree

Latest posts