What's the big uproar with the G42!?

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Zander Pharr said:
I forgot about the frame, but in such a small gun like that I just don't see how that works really?
School on the other hand........ ya about that......... ain't doin' so hot.......... I need to get my act together in school if I want to get that Tavor.........
Equal and opposite reaction.... recoil will drive all guns, big or small in a direction opposite of the bullets flight. That energy ends up in the shooters hands or shoulders and the gun tends to flip as it's anchored in a fulcrum.

Schools does 2 things.... loads you up with useful stuff... read, write, 'ritmitic... if you open your mind- English and History will open your mind to reason and the power of thought. You get out of it what you put into it.

This Ranger, Delta, Sniper quest... those slots are competitive. A guy who's learned to memorize Shakespear or whatever and is a good ball player will have a better shot than a guy who's a ball player.... It's the mental skills.... and being able to prioritize facts and information in some logical useful order that get us ahead in all endevors....

White Kid

The American Reaper
Jeff said:
Equal and opposite reaction.... recoil will drive all guns, big or small in a direction opposite of the bullets flight. That energy ends up in the shooters hands or shoulders and the gun tends to flip as it's anchored in a fulcrum.

Schools does 2 things.... loads you up with useful stuff... read, write, 'ritmitic... if you open your mind- English and History will open your mind to reason and the power of thought. You get out of it what you put into it.

This Ranger, Delta, Sniper quest... those slots are competitive. A guy who's learned to memorize Shakespear or whatever and is a good ball player will have a better shot than a guy who's a ball player.... It's the mental skills.... and being able to prioritize facts and information in some logical useful order that get us ahead in all endevors....
I'm really really good in English and History, those are my best classes (only reason why I have an F in English is because there's to many load mouth attention seekers in there and it REALLY distracts me). On my writing test back in the 8th grade (We had to do like 5 paragraphs for 2 different topics for the big state test/EOI) I made a perfect 100 on it, there was only 7 people who made a 100 and one of those was me. On the reading test I made like a 95 I think. Those both determine if you are able to get your driver's licence. In history I usually have an A or B.

The military things like Ranger and all that, me dad is preparing me for it, he tests me on different things mentally and physically. So I think I might have a good chance for getting into a SF unit.
The Rangers though isn't like a slot, well it kinda is then not. That you just volunteer for just like signing up for the Army, it's just whenever they have a slot open then you get in. With Delta, they start watching you. Kinda like recruiters for shooting or going to a collage and things like that.
My dad was in Delta training but he divorced his wife at the time so he was kicked out, but later on he was able to get into it like 6 other different times but he just for some odd reason didn't wanna do it.
I'm not jump ahead of myself or making a large bold conclusion that I'll for sure be in Delta, but I think with the skills I have now and within the time I join, I'll be a step ahead of everyone else, but I ain't gonna show it off because then the drill sergeant will make me work harder than the rest and give me a bunch of BS. :p

ldp4570

Well-Known Fanatic
Jeff said:
Ahh, youth. Make a bold statment in a crowd of salty hands....expect little quarter, lad.
Jeff, If you met my son, you might change you thoughts on his knowledge. He has 10years of Infantry training to draw off of, and another 11 years of EOD training. I plan on him rocking bootcamp world when he gets there. He will already have basic and advance knowlede going in.

Zander Pharr said:
I'm really really good in English and History, those are my best classes (only reason why I have an F in English is because there's to many load mouth attention seekers in there and it REALLY distracts me). On my writing test back in the 8th grade (We had to do like 5 paragraphs for 2 different topics for the big state test/EOI) I made a perfect 100 on it, there was only 7 people who made a 100 and one of those was me. On the reading test I made like a 95 I think. Those both determine if you are able to get your driver's licence. In history I usually have an A or B.

The military things like Ranger and all that, me dad is preparing me for it, he tests me on different things mentally and physically. So I think I might have a good chance for getting into a SF unit.
The Rangers though isn't like a slot, well it kinda is then not. That you just volunteer for just like signing up for the Army, it's just whenever they have a slot open then you get in. With Delta, they start watching you. Kinda like recruiters for shooting or going to a collage and things like that.
My dad was in Delta training but he divorced his wife at the time so he was kicked out, but later on he was able to get into it like 6 other different times but he just for some odd reason didn't wanna do it.
I'm not jump ahead of myself or making a large bold conclusion that I'll for sure be in Delta, but I think with the skills I have now and within the time I join, I'll be a step ahead of everyone else, but I ain't gonna show it off because then the drill sergeant will make me work harder than the rest and give me a bunch of BS. :p
d
As to my love for the ballistics of the .32 and .380, and years of study in both cartridges I have found that the .32acp will outperform the 380acp in the area's of penetration. This has nothing to do with powder, primer, rifling, and even barrel length. It has to do with the profile of the projectile. The profile of the .32 has a much steeper angle compared to the almost fully rounded, half circle, due to the friction applied to both projectiles, the .32 cuts smoother through the atmosphere that the .380, which will cause greater penetration.

Latest posts