What's the big uproar with the G42!?

White Kid

The American Reaper
Why is everyone I could think of just talking about the Glock 42?
It's nothing really all that special. So what they made a single stack 380, nothing new.
I think what Glock should've one was pretty much take the G19 and make it single stack, now that would be cool!
I wanna hear something about the G41! To me that's WAY cooler since that's what many have been asking for.
I think I'll just stick to my Walther PPK/S in .380, or get the money to buy the little Kahr in .380. :p

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Zander Pharr said:
I wanna hear something about the G41! To me that's WAY cooler since that's what many have been asking for.
so you want a 6" dbl stack 45 for a carry gun?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I'll agree with you on the Glock 19 in a single stack would be a nice size piece for a CCW.
I think the main reason a lot of people were excited about the Glock 42 is because Glock has a large fanbase so gun boards go crazy over the newest version.

45recoil

likes to party
also throw in that the 380 glock is geared towards an ever growing conceal carry crowd. with that increase in numbers comes the increase of different desires when it comes to the gun of choice. glock is just throwing in another option for people. which I suppose isn't a bad thing. get used to it kid, new guns come out and people will go ape **** over them for a while...until the next new thing comes along.

White Kid

The American Reaper
Matt Rigsby said:
I'll agree with you on the Glock 19 in a single stack would be a nice size piece for a CCW.
I think the main reason a lot of people were excited about the Glock 42 is because Glock has a large fanbase so gun boards go crazy over the newest version.
True, some people swear by the "Almighty Glock". :p

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Glock is well know but not for making new interesting guns. The G42 is a step out of the box for them. So its big news. Heck anything Glock does is big news.

White Kid

The American Reaper
Jared Carpenter said:
also throw in that the 380 glock is geared towards an ever growing conceal carry crowd. with that increase in numbers comes the increase of different desires when it comes to the gun of choice. glock is just throwing in another option for people. which I suppose isn't a bad thing. get used to it kid, new guns come out and people will go ape **** over them for a while...until the next new thing comes along.
380 is growing in popularity now since the round is being better made, some of the new Hornandy stuff is really good.
But actually, .32ACP is better than the 380, call me crazy but it's true.
I forgot why it actually is, I'd have to ask me dad. He's crazy for .380 and .32ACP! That's why he has so many of the Walther PP series guns! :p
But some of it has to do with the was the bullet/projectile is designed, the .32 is more pointed than the 380 where it's just kinda a dome design.
There's some other factors that go along with it but I can't remember off the top of my head.

White Kid

The American Reaper
Jesse Tischauser said:
Glock is well know but not for making new interesting guns. The G42 is a step out of the box for them. So its big news. Heck anything Glock does is big news.
I don't think I'll ever understand why Glock is sooooo big.
What cracks me up is that people think they where the first to make a polymer pistol when it was actually HK. It was there VP70 (I think that's what it's called).
Kinda wish I had one so then I could buy the stock for it which then makes it full auto, wouldn't have it for any specific reason but just to have fun with.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Whilst that Glock 42 is just "another" .380....there are things about brand loyalty and marketing that bring intangible value to the product.

Anybody can make the case that the 42 is just another Glock... but folks will by then and ignore "your favorite gun" in droves to own the latest rage.

From what I hear the 42 is a soft recoiler compared to a lot of other urrent 380s... if that perception becomes reality in the marketplace expect some brisk sales and loyal customers in line for the next big thing.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Zander Pharr said:
380 is growing in popularity now since the round is being better made, some of the new Hornandy stuff is really good.
But actually, .32ACP is better than the 380, call me crazy but it's true.
I forgot why it actually is, I'd have to ask me dad. He's crazy for .380 and .32ACP! That's why he has so many of the Walther PP series guns! :p
But some of it has to do with the was the bullet/projectile is designed, the .32 is more pointed than the 380 where it's just kinda a dome design.
There's some other factors that go along with it but I can't remember off the top of my head.
Ahh, youth. Make a bold statment in a crowd of salty hands....expect little quarter, lad.

White Kid

The American Reaper
Jeff said:
From what I hear the 42 is a soft recoiler compared to a lot of other urrent 380s... if that perception becomes reality in the marketplace expect some brisk sales and loyal customers in line for the next big thing.
I guess it is a bit softer than others due to the type of recoil spring they use now. But it's already a 380 though? What are they trying to do, make it feel like a .22? :p

White Kid

The American Reaper
Jeff said:
Ahh, youth. Make a bold statment in a crowd of salty hands....expect little quarter, lad.
I guess you could say it is a bold statement, but in the physics and ballistics of the 32 compared to the 380, the 32 is a bit better. I'm not saying it's like a .22 compared to 50BMG but ya get what I mean hopefully.
I'll have to ask my dad tomorrow when he gets up and post on here why it is, he's asleep right now so I can't.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Zander Pharr said:
True, some people swear by the "Almighty Glock". :p
Not a fanboy.... but bullshit walks ...good marketing will only get a product so far. Glock has a worldwide, professional customer base because their products work.

I figure Glock is to the service semi auto as what SW was to the service revolver in the last century.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Zander Pharr said:
I guess it is a bit softer than others due to the type of recoil spring they use now. But it's already a 380 though? What are they trying to do, make it feel like a .22? :p
The engineering basis for the glocks soft recoil is , in large part, because the polymer flexes under load, absorbing energy.
Stay awake in school.... they still teach Newtonian physics in science classes.

White Kid

The American Reaper
Jeff said:
The engineering basis for the glocks soft recoil is , in large part, because the polymer flexes under load, absorbing energy.
I forgot about the frame, but in such a small gun like that I just don't see how that works really?
School on the other hand........ ya about that......... ain't doin' so hot.......... I need to get my act together in school if I want to get that Tavor.........

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
Jeff said:
I can't find the sarcasm font again. I've got a gen 2 glock 30 that has less recoil than my Springfield TRP.

Latest posts