what would you like to watch?

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic
I need some ideas on something new that YOU would like to see on an outdoor/shooting show. Try to limit it to ideas for shows and not people. Must be PG-13 ish. Will be one airing and not an entire series..for now.

So that's it, what you got...

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
I'd like to see a show that each week breaks down a different firearm, like an armorers show. One that teaches basic field stripping and maintenance as well as getting down into the details. I've seen a lot of friends firearms that look like crap because they don't know how to do simple disassembly and cleaning.

Jennifer Herd Seymour

Glitter Britches
Jesse Tischauser said:
New shooter and a pro shooter goes to a several of the various shooting sports matches together and the pro helps the newb get started.
What Jesse said. I still consider myself a new shooter to competitions and would love for a pro to take me under their wing and train me. But since that is not likely going to happen, I'd like to watch someone else do it so I can get all the tips!

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
What Jesse said. I would be interesting to compare and contrast the average middle of the pack guy with a pro, shooting, equipment, preparation, and planning.

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic
would you keep the same newb for all of the different shooting desciplines?

Ideally this would be a generic one-off, but i like all of the ideas flowing in.

Shooting Gallery is already doing something with an "average joe meets a pro" story to it.

I like the idea of having someone tear down a gun, getting them to show you what mods they do to a competition rig and why might be harder to get but helpful if they would be willing to share.

I'm trying to come up with exciting, just one episode, something that you may only try once, but then possible go out and do the same. My first idea was (if the bill will pass making it legal) is to shoot Asian Carp from a moving motorized boat with high capacity shotguns (XRAIL). They do it with bows and it was a huge rave on hunting shows for a while. Seems redneck as hell but that seems to be a going thing.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Helicopter+machine gun versus herd of pigs or donkeys. And maybe some of those inert practice rifle grenades, going hardcore. And then some lions come in and feast on the remains, waste-not-want-not style. Like an episode of "Nature". But in Texas. Everyone has to wear cowboy boots and really large belt buckles, I mean GIGANTIC CRAZY belt buckles that weigh several pounds. American-flag pattern denim shirts. Donkeys are hilarious!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I'm planning to do a YouTube video of my dumb as shooting a club 3 gun match with rack grade gear. I'm gonna run my Bone stock Pump shotgun, load out of a trap bag, Glock 19 out of a carry holster, mags in my neck pockets, stag model 3TM with only flip up irons that ate sighted in at 25 yards.

Then I'll do a video on what gear I usually use to suck less.

dennishoddy

Ryan Muller said:
shoot Asian Carp from a moving motorized boat with high capacity shotguns (XRAIL). They do it with bows and it was a huge rave on hunting shows for a while. Seems redneck as hell but that seems to be a going thing.
This I could get into. Trap shooting Asian carp would be a hoot!

I volunteer to be a competitor on this one. :declare:

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Jesse Tischauser said:
I'm planning to do a YouTube video of my dumb as shooting a club 3 gun match with rack grade gear. I'm gonna run my Bone stock Pump shotgun, load out of a trap bag, Glock 19 out of a carry holster, mags in my neck pockets, stag model 3TM with only flip up irons that ate sighted in at 25 yards.
Then I'll do a video on what gear I usually use to suck less.
be sure to mention how tight jeans with fancy scrollwork on the ass is the most essential piece of gear you need.

rawhide1

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
New shooter and a pro shooter goes to a several of the various shooting sports matches together and the pro helps the newb get started.
I would watch this.

The Antichrome

I wanna see celebrities that are portrayed as badass shooters in the movies and TV...give them a basic training course and then pit them against each other in a varity of competitions and challenges.

Hot actresses shooting USPSA.
I wanna see Tom Cruise shooting IDPA. (The 'Yo, homie, is that my briefcase?' stage will be epic)
Al Pacino with his little friend.
Tom Hanks shooting 3-gun... Kevin Costner in Cowboy Action.
Hot actresses shooting USPSA.

Basically; Battle of the Stars, but with guns...I especially want to see who squirms because they have to handle real guns.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Mitch Gibson said:
Helicopter+machine gun versus herd of pigs or donkeys. And maybe some of those inert practice rifle grenades, going hardcore. And then some lions come in and feast on the remains, waste-not-want-not style. Like an episode of "Nature". But in Texas. Everyone has to wear cowboy boots and really large belt buckles, I mean GIGANTIC CRAZY belt buckles that weigh several pounds. American-flag pattern denim shirts. Donkeys are hilarious!
We did this exact thing last week. Except for the donkey part. True story.

Latest posts