What should I practice before first 3 gun match?

ha ha rob is all ate up with want to. just come and have fun and make sure to stay to help clean up props and stuff. How did I do Dave M?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Robbie said:
Thanks guys. I'm planning on using some california competition works caddies I'm going to borrow from my dad. I think they hold 4 each, but it could be 6. I was planning on trying to learn to load weak hand first since that's what I'm set up for. I think I remember watching a video of Kurt doing it years ago.
Do yourself a favor and order some load two caddy's. It's 100% easier to learn then weakhand and about 30% faster then weakhand. If you need to borrow some let me know. I have extra AP Customs caddy's.

ShaneP

Looks good to me
One thing that I intended to tell you earlier, and I'm not sure if someone has already said...Make sure that your pistol holster has decent retention. Since you'll be moving with your pistol holstered on most stages, you don't want it falling out of your holster. I know the USPSA guys usually make the retention light for a faster draw, or maybe they don't. I'm just a C class production shooter, which means that I can only give advice to D class shooters.

Rockon71385

Founding Member
Jesse Tischauser said:
Do yourself a favor and order some load two caddy's. It's 100% easier to learn then weakhand and about 30% faster then weakhand. If you need to borrow some let me know. I have extra AP Customs caddy's.
I'll see what I can do. I would definitely be up for borrowing some up if you have them, but I'm trying to avoid spending money on 3gun stuff this season because I know that will be a slippery slope for me. For this first match, I'll probably just bring what I have and play for fun.

Shane P said:
One thing that I intended to tell you earlier, and I'm not sure if someone has already said...Make sure that your pistol holster has decent retention. Since you'll be moving with your pistol holstered on most stages, you don't want it falling out of your holster. I know the USPSA guys usually make the retention light for a faster draw, or maybe they don't. I'm just a C class production shooter, which means that I can only give advice to D class shooters.
Roger that Shane. I'll make sure I tighten it up.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
mike cyrwus said:
ha ha rob is all ate up with want to. just come and have fun and make sure to stay to help clean up props and stuff. How did I do Dave M?
I think you are way too smart to keep up with words that have but one sound for a whole week.

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
Shane P said:
I'm a D class uspsa shooter and Shane's advice is good!

I got to watch and tape the last 3 stages of the last OKCGC 3Gun match, because my retention on my pistol was not enough.
On the long range (100yd) stage when I went prone on the carpet so did my pistol.
When I stood up, Mike said stop. I thought crap have I already timed out... He pointed down. I got DQ'ed.

Susan Hansen

Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:

I am on the hunt for some and everywhere I went to the were "Sold Out". Even the lesser known places. Suggestions????

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
suzdotcom said:
I am on the hunt for some and everywhere I went to the were "Sold Out". Even the lesser known places. Suggestions????
AP Customs is all jacked up right now. Pick up some Invictus practical caddy's.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I am on the hunt for some and everywhere I went to the were "Sold Out". Even the lesser known places. Suggestions? ???
what are you looking for? you might not have tried everywhere

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Wall said:
what are you looking for? you might not have tried everywhere
Are you insenuating that there may be a shop around here with pro type stuff where a person could make ready for competition by going to a dot Com website via a quick link picture perhaps?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Are you insenuating that there may be a shop around here with pro type stuff where a person could make ready for competition by going to a dot Com website via a quick link picture perhaps?
perhaps.....and perhaps said shop still has a small amount of AP customs stuff on the shelf

Susan Hansen

Fanatic
Wall said:
perhaps.....and perhaps said shop still has a small amount of AP customs stuff on the shelf
DING.....DING.....DING!
Winner!
I really wanted AP and couldn't find them at their site or distributors. So even went looking at others.
Ok....I found some sort of cheap types with bad reviews, and just couldn't bite the bullet.

I have CA pinwheels, just wanted a different style.

Heck..... Accessorizing is a girls prerogative!

;0)

***If it goes bang....it's fun!***

Latest posts