What is up with Palmetto Armory???

thebrasilian

Well-Known Fanatic
Fern...because it's 5 minutes from my house. :twisted: :twisted:

nana, nana nana

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
@ fordnut & Schultz: Looks like this thread turned from a boycott into a speed-dating forum for people to meet up at PSA. Free market wins again. No loyalty, no protectionism, only price. I guess that's why all our stores are filled with Chinese crap. So what's it gonna be: Leupold or NCStar? And I am just as guilty as the next guy.

I guess if we don't start supporting our sponsors, we will have to sponsor our own events and start charging for membership in the forum.

Here's a challenge:
1. Sponsors: Will you meet PSA's prices + 10% for forum members?
2. Members: Will you pay our sponsors 10% more instead of going to PSA?

Nagao

Well-Known Fanatic
My problem is that I rarely need standard ammo you'd find at a small shop. I stopped by their main store and went nuts on PPU. I need so many oddball calibers and seeing even 7.65 Belgian for a normal price was amazing. Let alone the carcano, Swedish, and French cartridges. I swear I saw 8mm lebel there earlier this year but no one seems to remember it. Did I imagine it?

thebrasilian

Well-Known Fanatic
bigfutz said:
@ fordnut & Schultz: Looks like this thread turned from a boycott into a speed-dating forum for people to meet up at PSA. Free market wins again. No loyalty, no protectionism, only price. I guess that's why all our stores are filled with Chinese crap. So what's it gonna be: Leupold or NCStar? And I am just as guilty as the next guy.

I went Vortex. I hate NCStar crap.

Glockrunner

Well-Known Fanatic
Pops said:
I have personally approached Palmetto State Armory about sponsoring the forum.
The like what we're doing here, but there just doesn't seem to be much interest in sponsorship.
The sponsors pay for the ShootzenFest. The shirts and food and the overhead of the forum is not that much.
PSA could become a sponsor for a very reasonable amount of money.

I do however, encourage everyone to support our current sponsors.
HHB Guns
East Coast Guns
Upstate Armory
Belt Training
Precision One Ammunition
D&R Gunsmithing.

If anyone knows of another gunshop, especially in the eastern side of hte state who would like to become a sponsor of the community, I'd love to talk to them.

Pops
;)

The Ammo Dump locacted in Summerville on Bacons Bridge Rd.

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
Pops said:
If anyone knows of another gunshop, especially in the eastern side of the state who would like to become a sponsor of the community, I'd love to talk to them.

Pops
;)
James Firearm. They're run by the same people that make the Palmetto State Defense AR-15's.

04ctd

Well-Known Fanatic
North of North Chuck, South of Scummerville
has anyone talked to Paul?

I only buy from him & east coast.

I like Paul because you can call and talk to him, and he orders it, he takes care of it,
and when you come in to pick it up...it's there. one man operations are so dependable.

The Ammo Dump
890 Bacons Bridge Road, Suite 3 Summerville, SC 29485
Call: 843-771-4776
Fax:843-771-4989
http://www.theammo-dump.com/

fiundagner

Well-Known Fanatic
my wife went by to see him yesterday, and got the last 4 30 round m1 carbine mags he had at the time. He still has some 10 & 15 round mags according to her. The downside is that right now he is about out of stock on everything else. According to her conversation with him he has guns on order, but with the current panic buying doesn?t know when they will be delivered, and when they come in he doesn't expect them to sit on the shelf long at all. He doesn't expect any AR's anytime soon though.

He also has a limited selection of reloading supplies, mostly brass, and a supply of ammo. He usually has stuff that I can?t find anywhere else (5.7x28mm, NATO 9mm spam cans, that sort of thing). He?s a great guy to deal with, and we have told him about the forum several times. I hope he can hold on until he has some of his orders come in. I would hate to see him fold because he was too successful.

He also runs an insurance brokerage, so if you are looking around it might be worth your time to call him

Latest posts