What is up with Palmetto Armory???

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
The powers to be here have aproached Palmetto Armory in Columbia numberous times to ask them to help with Shootzenfest. They have tried to sell them spots on the top of the pages and everything else...

Same answer..."We can;t spend advertising moneys right now...This has been going on for 2 years now...

Then, this afternoon, I bring up Armslist and what do I see....their ad all the way across the Armslist page....

I have bought my last item from them. I own one of their AR's and bought a couple of guns and ammo from them. No more...

I will suspport our advertisers...like they help us...

I now step down from my soap box...but...what is right is right...

Steve

Schultz

Well-Known Fanatic
That's not the only place, That "other board" has them as sponsors also. In fact I think I saw their ad over on ARFcom the other day to. IMO they must not like us, They'll never get any of my money.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
ive been there with a buddy and they say they put together 100/day and sell 2000/month. ARs that is.

how much are we talking to be a sponser?

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
You must admit, they have killer pricing, worth the drive to Cola from the Upstate. For instance, look at where they appear here for brass .308:
http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=.308/7.62x51

I would like to hear from any of our sponsors who can come close to this pricing. I would much rather patronize a PSF sponsor (in the Upstate would be nice for me). CALL TO ALL PSF SPONSORS! Post your deals/sales here!

I would also like to see a list of current PSF sponsors with their specialties.

thebrasilian

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry guys, but I like PSA. Not to mention they are opening a facility less then 5 minutes from my house. They are going to be right behind Sportsmen Warehouse and have an indoor range where you can shoot before you buy. And they do have great prices especially for those of us on a budget right now.

Shrapnel762

Well-Known Fanatic
I was rather dissapointed that they weren't at the florence gun show. Planned on finishing out a lower. Upstate armory got some of my money instead

Johnnyb

Well-Known Fanatic
Shrapnel762 said:
I was rather dissapointed that they weren't at the florence gun show. Planned on finishing out a lower. Upstate armory got some of my money instead
Per one of the owners they don't do gun shows anymore.

Pops

Well-Known Fanatic
I have personally approached Palmetto State Armory about sponsoring the forum.
The like what we're doing here, but there just doesn't seem to be much interest in sponsorship.
The sponsors pay for the ShootzenFest. The shirts and food and the overhead of the forum is not that much.
PSA could become a sponsor for a very reasonable amount of money.

I do however, encourage everyone to support our current sponsors.
HHB Guns
East Coast Guns
Upstate Armory
Belt Training
Precision One Ammunition
D&R Gunsmithing.

If anyone knows of another gunshop, especially in the eastern side of hte state who would like to become a sponsor of the community, I'd love to talk to them.

Pops
;)

Nagao

Well-Known Fanatic
I walked in there for the first time the weekend of the Jamil show and nearly walked right back out because it was 100% modern and I just don't have the interest. Then I saw the ammo prices... I can't say I'd avoid them over the sponsoring but I can say I won't go out of my way for them either.

Chuck over at East Coast gave my little site C&Rsenal.com carte blanche to gather images out of the old guns they got in. I mentioned giving him some credit in the articles and he just said "Anything we can do to grow and engage the community profits us in the end." I never pass that place without going in.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
PSA is the place to go for the sales.

$49 lower and $44 to $52 lower parts

$399 upper or $350 for a 22 upper

$15.00/ 525 box of 22s

now they have the Rock Island 1911 45 for $399.00

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
Palmetto Armory has some nice people working for them.
In fact the management has always been pretty nice when I encountered them.
They just don't quite seem to understand the way we work here.

This forum is about you guys the shooting community.
The sponsors show their support for YOU by sponsoring ShootzenFest.
How you shop is up to you but, personally if I need something I go to one of them first.

Perhaps one of these days they will decide the forum has grown large enough to be worth and they will become one of our sponsors.

HOLY DIVER

Well-Known Fanatic
i like Palmetto state mainly because i like FN stuff lol if you get my drift.FROST touched on something,,,our forum growing tell your friends about the forum.

thebrasilian

Well-Known Fanatic
Good point Frost. They are a sales organization that is targeting a national market. Not just a regional one.

pamooreems

New Fanatic
Has anyone purchase a handgun from PSA from their Columbia location. I was wondering if anyone knew what the background check/registration cost instore? Also if anyone knew how they are customer service-wise after the sale? Thanks ahead of time.

Nerdwithguns

Well-Known Fanatic
I bought a sig 22 from them when they had them on sale last year. I went in on a Monday and the sale had ended on Saturday. Because they had not taken the sale sign down yet they sold it to me for the sale price. I have also traded a handgun there. There is no additional cost to fill out the background check form or for them to call it in. If you have a CWP the process is ever quicker. I currently have a sub 2000 on lay away and should be paying it off next payday. As far as prices. My job takes me all over the state. I have visited large and small gun shops in the up state and the Charleston area, none of them have had better prices on guns and ammo.

pamooreems

New Fanatic
Nerdwithguns said:
I bought a sig 22 from them when they had them on sale last year. I went in on a Monday and the sale had ended on Saturday. Because they had not taken the sale sign down yet they sold it to me for the sale price. I have also traded a handgun there. There is no additional cost to fill out the background check form or for them to call it in. If you have a CWP the process is ever quicker. I currently have a sub 2000 on lay away and should be paying it off next payday. As far as prices. My job takes me all over the state. I have visited large and small gun shops in the up state and the Charleston area, none of them have had better prices on guns and ammo.

Thanks for the info. Going there Friday to get a handgun. Any perference on which location? The Fernandina Store or the one on business park drive?

Latest posts