What is ProAm?

slider

Hired Gun
Pro Am is a totally great time. Love the steel and the movement. It is hands down my favorite sport to shoot. Nothing like smacking the plates and watching them fall. If you have six mags and five mag holders, bring 'em!

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Old question, same question. Is the "ProAm" event that Renato puts on at USSA every month both Pro AND Amateur. Why is it called ProAm?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Old question, same question. Is the "ProAm" event that Renato puts on at USSA every month both Pro AND Amateur. Why is it called ProAm?
ProAm is a knockdown steel match with set par times. You knockdown as many pieces of steel as possible in the allotted time.
The actual annual ProAm tournament has both Pro & Amatuer competitors with a different par time for the 2 groups.
Targets are set in arrays with plenty to shoot at on each stage. Mags are loaded to a max of 10 rounds.
The local "Proam" matches usually only have a single competitor "status" with only one par time for everyone.

Renato's ProAm match is one of the few that has a Rimfire division. Most matches use a lot of poppers which are too heavy for Rimfire. Renato uses small(er) plates for targets & the Rimfire guns don't have a problem knocking them down.

It's a really fun match, I definitely recommend it.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Wall said:
ProAm is a knockdown steel match with set par times. You knockdown as many pieces of steel as possible in the allotted time.
The actual annual ProAm tournament has both Pro & Amatuer competitors with a different par time for the 2 groups.
Targets are set in arrays with plenty to shoot at on each stage. Mags are loaded to a max of 10 rounds.
The local "Proam" matches usually only have a single competitor "status" with only one par time for everyone.

Renato's ProAm match is one of the few that has a Rimfire division. Most matches use a lot of poppers which are too heavy for Rimfire. Renato uses small(er) plates for targets & the Rimfire guns don't have a problem knocking them down.

It's a really fun match, I definitely recommend it.
So his are not actually ProAm, just ProAm style stages?

Do they have a rimfire rifle division?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
The par time is what bothers me the most. Seems like right when I get on a good roll and find my rhythm, my time runs out.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Matt Rigsby said:
The party time is what bothers me the most. Seems like right when I get on a good roll and find my rhythm, my time runs out.
My party time is the only thing that still works

posted via Tapatalk

dennishoddy

I don't have a lot of mags for my Nordic .22 rimfire. A couple of 15 rounders and two 50 round.
Is it like steel challenge where you can load up what you want in the mag but only shoot what is needed to finish the stage, or are mag changes part of the game? Never shot one.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I don't have a lot of mags for my Nordic .22 rimfire. A couple of 15 rounders and two 50 round.
Is it like steel challenge where you can load up what you want in the mag but only shoot what is needed to finish the stage, or are mag changes part of the game? Never shot one.
Mag changes are part of the game, 10 rounds max in the mags.

Latest posts