What is ProAm?

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Is "ProAm" an organization or is it an event? I did some searching and found an event in Florida called Pro-Am Championships put on by Phil Strader. Is this what we are talking about in this forum?

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Yepppers - last year Phil put it on at USSA but with all the hoopla going on this year they couldnt commit to hosting it so he had to find someplace that would. From what I heard this was the best prize table EVER seen at a match....

Nothing but STEEL as fast as you can shoot it...

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey Burk,

It's a "field of steel". You just shoot as many as you can. All stages are on a par time and very few (if anyone) can clean them. They are be particularly dastardly because they use a lot of forward falling poppers.

dennishoddy

I shot my L-10 at the Ponca City Hose down with 230 minimum rounds, and had to make 7 reloads per stage! Mags were falling like rain.
Winners made three reloads with their hi-cap guns. I was the only one shooting .45. Guess I got a great learning experience though ;)

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
well in proam everyone can only have 10 rounds in the mag so dennis l10 would be fine

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
proam is a sanctioned uspsa match there is only 1 major a year. and only Ussa has proam club matches.

dennishoddy

well in proam everyone can only have 10 rounds in the mag so dennis l10 would be fine
This was a hose down match, so this is good information! I'm gonna work on getting to one of these, I love shooting steel :D

Ok, one other question. In my semi-pro bass fishing days, the Pro Am meant that a pro paired up with an amature, or semi-pro, to fish a tourney.

Same thing in the Pro-Am?

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
This was a hose down match, so this is good information! I'm gonna work on getting to one of these, I love shooting steel :D

Ok, one other question. In my semi-pro bass fishing days, the Pro Am meant that a pro paired up with an amature, or semi-pro, to fish a tourney.

Same thing in the Pro-Am?

This pro am is 2 competitions in 1 there is the amateur who shoot to go to the prize table and Pros who shoot for money from a stage win.

TroyF

TheBearcat
Let me answer the original question: The ProAm is like sex with guns and no cuddling after. Wam, bam, I loves me some ProAm. Total rush.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Let me answer the original question: The ProAm is like sex with guns and no cuddling after. Wam, bam, I loves me some ProAm. Total rush.

I will use this quote when i one day win the major pro am and i will quote you troy.

Latest posts