What does "Stocked up on ammo" mean to you?

BillBro68

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm curious, I see some folks in some of the threads about the high prices of ammo ( and I most definitely agree) saying they are stocked up or well stocked and ammo, so what does it mean to you to be well stocked?

Obviously alot of us reload so do you count your reloading stock in with your loaded ammo? Do you only count what you have loaded? Do you load as needed or do you load the ammo and stock it?

What level are you comfortable with as far as amount of loaded ammo, pounds of powder, cases of primers etc?

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Never comfortable that I have "enough" but I have enough to be a poster child for the left if I ever got invaded! Probably be labeled a domestic terrorist or some ****! Would definitely be on the evening world news.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Well I have come to the conclusion, that we here in America have come to a crossroads.
The lucky ones who back in the Klinton era they decided that if they stocked up like it rally counts
it had to hurt your pockets. $ome spent for their grand kids & beyond, so you had to by quantities of powder like 4, 8 pounders
at a time & Cases not bricks of Primers, 10 boxes of bullets at a time etc. We saw the ugly future for mankind here in the freedom
center of the Planet Earth. The Communist have been very active in infiltrating our society & spoiling our kids & weak minded
Zombies amoung us.

So much loaded ammo I will never have to load again :rolleyes: well you know.
I have enough now for my lifetime & that of my kids & grandkids. I would
rather quit shooting than give up a lifelong hobby I love & am very good at
after all this time. Shooting a Rifle at long distance was hard to learn, over 30 years however
I will not stop shooting and getting better with every shot.

I started loading in 1974 & have loved every minute of it. Shooting a gun is more to me than just
blasting a slug out of tube. Loading a round with a 175 grain Sierra BTHP with IMR 4895 a fed 210 M
& an IMI match case at 2650 fps for an M1A or a Remington 700 VS .308. 20 shots yesterday into a 1.5" hole at 100 yards.

That same Remington rifle is a .75" shooter with my special Handloads, so their is a reason to handload after all.
Gas guns like std AR15s & M1As can use bulk ammo like pistols, handloading for them is not really needed except
to save money yet today that seems unlikely you will save much if at all.

Sorry to sound uncaring, but how will my selling the ammo & Firearms I bought for my family to survive help
us? It's like people who will go hungry because they don't or won't grow their own food. How will my giving away the
food my ol Woman & I sweat & burn in the sun everyday for our family help the guy who won't grow his own?

Survivalist a term we all heard not a prepper like hippie wanana bees like to think of it.
I do not trust the Government never did, so who's gonna take care of me & mine?

Us dammit no one else will take care of my family like me. Your old I'm old but still I ask.
Who's gonna take care of you?

Unless you are uber rich I see no way you will ever get access to the massive amounts of Powder, primers
& equipment today, The shelves were Full at the Huge Klinton Gun shows when prices were low today no stock
& high rip off prices.

Just what if? What if this were the end that we all feared & we will not get back to normal with guns or ammo.
I was trying to buy another Kahr CW45. No Kahr in sight yet half the POS is plastic. Where are the cheap half plastic
pistols where have they all gone??

Why did I do this?? ( see Below )

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Everything's in 50 cal ammo cans. But, if my house were to burn, I would be as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
Yes & the commies will get neither me :eek: or the Powder, primers etc. etc. etc. LMAO
Only I use the double latch sealed Mortar boxes they hold more stuff. ;)

BillBro68

Well-Known Fanatic
So let me ask this then, do you see benefit to having the necessary components for ammo or loaded ammo?

I see we all never have "enough" I'm am as guilty as anyone with this and I apologize for sounding like I was asking for spreadsheets of your supplies ( and your addresses ). Personally I dont mind disclosing my supplies but others obviously differ. I was actually just wondering where you would begin to start feeling twitchy about being low, not from a prepper or survivalist mindset, just from a standpoint of liking to shoot, alot.

I guess this was all a circuitous route to the question of your gut feeling about how this all plays out.

I seem to be shooting more lately to be honest and have not restocked as much as I've shot that's for sure, some, but not as much as I've shot. The only exception may be bullets.

I'm sure my toy box isnt nearly as full as some but maybe more than others. The young guy I met at the range recently who I've sort of been helping along is who I really feel sorry for. I've been letting him come to my house and load on my press. He just shoots 9mm and 223. Awhile back I bought a copious amount of the pull down WC844 so I let him load with that and titegroup for his 9mm. He buys the primers and bullets, I give him the cases, powder and access to my press. I'm trying to tell him to try to stock some stuff but since that boy started shooting it's like crack, he cant get enough.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I guess if you're asking how low is too low….

Then I would say 500 rounds per caliber per firearm would be my low limit, where I would be uncomfortable that is all I have.

So if I have three 45s and four 9mms and two 5.56 ARs then I would be at my minimum with.
1500 rounds of 45,
2000 rounds of 9mm
1000 rounds of 5.56

BillBro68

Well-Known Fanatic
No, trying to help a newb out with suggestions about what he should try to save up to instead of shooting everything he gets his hands on.
Given that I know for a fact that he only has a 9mm and a 223 I told him a thousand per and enough mags to hold about 1/3 of it.

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
Dollar cost average.

if you are young and you buy a case of ammo every month, when you "grow up" you will have painlessly acquired all you can ever shoot.………the strong probability is that it will out perform your 401k……it's harder for .gov to steel (tax) and whatever you don't use up by the end may be an irreplaceable value to pass along to those you cherish.

stack it deep.

DPM

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm curious, I see some folks in some of the threads about the high prices of ammo ( and I most definitely agree) saying they are stocked up or well stocked and ammo, so what does it mean to you to be well stocked?

Obviously alot of us reload so do you count your reloading stock in with your loaded ammo? Do you only count what you have loaded? Do you load as needed or do you load the ammo and stock it?

What level are you comfortable with as far as amount of loaded ammo, pounds of powder, cases of primers etc?
I don't think most people are going to want to answer that question for several obvious reasons ,

Latest posts