What’s the point??

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
I have some Sig 220's. One that I have have carried occasionally is a 25 year old Teddy Jacobsen ( Action by "T") 220 conpact that is nice by Sig standards.

The question is.......with the introduction of the Sig 365 (or the Hellcat), what is the point of carrying a 220?

A Sig 220 variant carries 8 rounds of 45 acp. The Sig 365 carries 15 of 9 mm at less than half the size and as far as concealability there is NO comparison. So it is a trade off between 45 and nine and a significant difference in carryability.

What is the point of carring a 220?

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
1) you already own a 220 & it does the job.
2) you save the $ you'd spend on buying another pistol
(which is esp. important if your safe is already filled with other pistols you own & have none you want to sell & to make space for a new one)

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
1) you already own a 220 & it does the job.
2) you save the $ you'd spend on buying another pistol
(which is esp. important if your safe is already filled with other pistols you own & have none you want to sell & to make space for a new one)

Don't buy another gun because the safe is full?????

R U Serious?

Buy another safe.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
It's a strange thing..to learn that you have accumulated more firearms than you can shoot.
This number may / will vary , depending on person, age, & opportunity one has to use the firearms they own.
At least I can say I have "quantity sufficient " of ammo, for the firearms I have.
Did I mention.. ? I hand load.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I like my Franken P365 F_G XL. It is nice to have a small light pistol some days. But, I still carry my 1911s most days because I shoot them better. I would not want to shoot hundreds of rounds in a day out of the little Sig.

tomrkba

Well-Known Fanatic
The 365 is not without flaws. First, 9mm is still not as powerful as 45 ACP. The power difference can make a difference. Second, have you shot a 365? The grip is not very comfortable. The mag has a sharp point on both sides that digs into the palm. Durability may be an issue; we shall see what happens as guns get into the 20k plus counts.

They are different guns with different purposes. I like both my P220's and 365. I typically use the 365 as a BUG and house gun.

"Convenience of carry" seems to be the primary trait many people are looking for. It is not everything to anyone but the lazy.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
I had an early 365 and it worked fine, I had it only 4 days before selling I just did not like the way I shot it, I do have a 45 Shield and shoot it ok also no issues, for daily carry all OWB in leather for me I like my old Glock 32 and rarely my 26, 99% of the time the 32 goes..

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
The 365 is not without flaws. First, 9mm is still not as powerful as 45 ACP. The power difference can make a difference. Second, have you shot a 365? The grip is not very comfortable. The mag has a sharp point on both sides that digs into the palm. Durability may be an issue; we shall see what happens as guns get into the 20k plus counts.

They are different guns with different purposes. I like both my P220's and 365. I typically use the 365 as a BUG and house gun.

"Convenience of carry" seems to be the primary trait many people are looking for. It is not everything to anyone but the lazy.

What about the aging?

I have carried my Bob Cogan Gold Cup for years just because I like carrying a Rolex but as I get older it inexplicably seems to keep gaining weight.

Lazy is relative but after carrying the Gold Cup all day working the ranch, putting on the 365 feels like being naked. (armed naked)

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
The 365 just was not for me no issues just not what I was wanting to keep and sold it when they were very hard to get and could regain my $$$ back easy, I shot it ok but nowhere like my Glocks, Colt Officers model or Shield so sold it. I will not replace it.

Last edited:

mplazz

Fanatic

So...do you like it or not?

Mikey

Fanatic
I see your point with the 365. I remember the point system of health points. You start out with 100 health points one shot from a .45 takes 45 health points away, from a 9mm the same shot takes 15 health points away and a .380 takes 6 health points. Now consider in a gun fight at 7 yards if your luckily you get one shot before hand to hand. The question now becomes what do you want in your hand at this point? That is why I still carry a .45 and have done so since 1970.