Weekend Project

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
Cool loking setup. I noticed you went with a Kobalt for air. Looks like a 60 Gal. 3.7 hp. i'm just guessing. I bought one two weeks ago and it lasted 2.5 days.
FYI be careful of the bleed port on the bottom of the tank it will break. Also keep a close eye on the oil level.I took mine back, no questions asked and although they had another one i went with another brand.
It works great and i am happy. Kobalt is a good name maybe i got the one they dropped off the truck, i dont know.

I got the compressor from a local guy that was moving. It was less than a year old with very little time on it and it was about half of retail w/accessories. If it brakes, no big deal. I read quite a few good reviews online before I bought it and it is still under warranty. It puts out about 12cfm @ 90psi and should do what I need.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
On the labels do you want hard plastic or the peel and stick kind??? Tell me what you want them to say.The peel and stick kind I have them in orange and they can be 1 3/4" wide up to 3 to 4" the hard plastic will b like the ones you see stuck on the outside of a door that say restroom etc. any size and font.

I just need them to fit on the switch cover or maybe below if they are the nicer heavy plastic ones. I really just need the following:
On
Off
Heater
Temperature
Controller

Also, after I get the blast cabinet, I would be more than happy to spray some stuff for the local guys. Just buy some bake on paint and let me know. I'm going to practice with the KG 3400 on some of my extra parts bin stuff first though.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Wormy I've got a bench you need to look at.

Holy hell dude the dryer looks awesome! do you have anything to circulate the air inside? really don't know if you need something or not just the systems I've been around (large Mfg stuff) had air circulators to help evaporate the solvents a touch quicker. Awesome job! always good to see poeples ideas come together and even better when they work. Let us know how things work out. Later,

Kirk

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
I just can't see a need for a fan in a unit like this. It wouldn't be hard to install, but not really necessary. The heat will rise and the unit holds heat well and is very constant.

stroker-c10

Well-Known Fanatic
Very cool project.

I will be another that says avoid harbor freight products. Less headache in the long run.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
I agree that most HF stuff sucks. I've been told that the cabinet is alright, you just need to caulk all of the seams. I would love to find a better cabinet, but the shipping on a large item like that is around $100. I'm still looking though......

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
I got the compressor from a local guy that was moving. It was less than a year old with very little time on it and it was about half of retail w/accessories. If it brakes, no big deal. I read quite a few good reviews online before I bought it and it is still under warranty. It puts out about 12cfm @ 90psi and should do what I need.

Good deal. I hope it works for a long time. I really liked the one i got up until it broke. But that is the way of things we love them until they give us problems.lol

Latest posts