Waterfowl

Porter

Active Fanatic
These are from early resident goose season this year.

photo2-2.jpg

Porter

Active Fanatic
No, that's my friend's dog. Mine doesn't make it out much these days due to her age. It takes her too long to recover, but I still try to get her out on easier hunts once in a while. Here she is:

photo.jpg

dennishoddy

Yeah, I've retired a few upland dogs.
I take them out by myself, as they kind of have "alsimers", and easily forget their commands. Its a time to give them the best quality of the rest of their life, and forget the mistakes. They live to hunt, and please their owner. How great is that.
My last Britt, (Dammit was his name) passed on a quail hunt on Kaw WMA, 2 miles from the truck with a heart attack I guess. Carried him across my shoulders to the truck and buried him at home.

Porter

Active Fanatic
That's a great looking hoodie mount! I wanted to get mine done that way, but his breast was a little discolored so my taxidermist suggested I get him done flying. Not exactly what I had in mind, but he did a good job on it.

photo-12.jpg

1000YRDSHOT

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks, Porter. That is a pretty cool flying mount. I like that you can see that light brown and the black/white wing feathers too.

I've got two other waterfowl mounts. I've got one flying mount. Its my favorite.

View attachment 1715 View attachment 1716

Plus a desktop mount for the day I get a job with an office.

View attachment 1717

Attachments

• DSC_0022.JPG
    DSC_0022.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_0023.JPG
    DSC_0023.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC_0028.JPG
    DSC_0028.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 64

Porter

Active Fanatic
Man, those are all great looking mounts! Who did them if you don't mind me asking? I'm hoping to kill a nice readhead to have it done this year. I had planned to take my next bird over to Terry at Look Alive Taxidermy, but as nice as those look, I may change my mind if the price is right.