Vise Block

PeteMcGuire1881

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been looking for an affordable vise block for my ARs and have been having trouble finding any that were in stock. I ran across PlastiXrevolution and purchased their set up for the same price I could buy just the lower block elsewhere. Here's the link to their complete set up containing lower vise block, upper vise block, cleaning link, and trigger buffer block: https://www.plastixrevolution.net/products/ar15-vise-block

I am not associated with these guys; just passing on what I thought a pretty good deal. A plus to it all: it's all USA made.

Attachments

• CIMG1349_700x525_2_1024x1024.jpg
    CIMG1349_700x525_2_1024x1024.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 40

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I never thought I would use my vise blocks very much when I bought them, but it seems like I have em chucked up all the time. I sometimes even use them just to hold the upper in place while I run a brush through the bore.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Jesse Tischauser said:
That hurts even more!
Why would that hurt if I use your discount codes? You're losing me here.

PeteMcGuire1881

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Here is another tool that is kick ass for tightening and loosening barrel nuts. Zero stress on the receiver. I think somebody else makes a cheaper version but i can't find it.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/geissele-ar-15-m4-reaction-rod-10-169.html
Those won't work with your AR9 because there are no lugs in the barrel. Granted, the lower vice block won't work with a dedicated Glock/Colt lower either but, the upper vice block will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
PeteMcGuire1881 said:
Those won't work with your AR9 because there are no lugs in the barrel. Granted, the lower vice block won't work with a dedicated Glock/Colt lower either but, the upper vice block will.

What does work with an AR9. I bought a goofy plastic Glock mag deal you clamp in the vice and set the lower receiver onto. It holds the rifle but it's not super secure.

PeteMcGuire1881

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
What does work with an AR9. I bought a goofy plastic Glock mag deal you clamp in the vice and set the lower receiver onto. It holds the rifle but it's not super secure.
Well, the one from PlastiXrevolution will clamp the upper if you're working on barrel or foregrip. Not too sure about the lower. I just hold it between my knees usually.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Jesse Tischauser said:
2 scrap pieces of wood.

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
I went with a reaction rod (the Brownell's version) when my clamshell would not fit over a new side-charger upper. Reaction rod worked good with a 1/2" torque wrench.

My next side-charger project will be on a 9mm PCC so I may need to go with the highly scientific 2 pieces of wood sandwiched in a vise method.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Flatland Shooter said:
I went with a reaction rod (the Brownell's version) when my clamshell would not fit over a new side-charger upper. Reaction rod worked good with a 1/2" torque wrench.

My next side-charger project will be on a 9mm PCC so I may need to go with the highly scientific 2 pieces of wood sandwiched in a vise method.
Thread drift...

I just bought an NFA side charger upper/lower and barrel. What did you go with?

Latest posts