USPSA match at OKC Gun Club Oct. 2nd

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Take Phil's class and then spend 30-60 minutes per day dry firing for about 12 months and you could be a Master class shooter. That's what I shooting for.

jtischauser

I have been doing mostly draws from various starting positions (hands up, at sides, hanging onto poles, on sides if table, basically any and every way they try to mess with you at a match) target transitions, & reloads. Most of the dry fire us on a dead trigger without to much trigger. When I do trigger pulls on a cocked stricker it's one and restart so I can focus on trigger control. Most tunes I just prep the trigger and not break the shot because prepping the trigger is the key to accurate shots. Phil really opened my eyes to this with the drills he did in his class. Do table starts, loaded and unloaded. I have now started to do draw, target transitions, then add some short movement so I can practice preloading my weight on the proper leg at the final shots then exploding to the next position. I have also stapled 3-4 targets with ports cut in them on a target stand to simulate a wall. I have been shooting through around and over it a bunch.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
I think you need to get Henry to video your next dry fire practice session so you can give us an example...

jtischauser

I can set up my tripod but I usually get grief for posting dry fire training vids because I make goofy faces and sometimes practice naked.

Go on Brian Enos store and buy steven andersens books. There are a bunch of great dry fire drills.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Yea I will have to ask that you not post naked videos on here.

Does the CRSpeed belt give you chafe marks?

I DO NOT READ BOOKs - I"M FROM LOUISIANA - WE CAN"T READ

jtischauser

Dont worry, my 6" holster covers everything but the tip.

Those books aren't much reading they are just pictures and descriptions of drills. You can memorize mine if you want.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
DQ'ing sucked, but it was great shooting with you guys, I had alot of fun.
Jesse, thanks for the tips. Chris too.
It's really fun watching people that know what they're doing.
Anyone going to H&H next sunday?
I believe me & Jeff will be there.
Mitch & Rusty are usually there as well.
Steel Challenge at McCloud is that morning also.

jtischauser

[quote author=Wall link=topic=116.msg1524#msg1524 date=1286146865]
[/quote]

Sorry about the DQ Tony. That was the first time I have had to be on the giving end of a DQ. It sucked way worse than bring DQ'd believe.

I'll be at H&H. We should do a boomershooter squad again. I liked it except there wasn't quite enough **** talking. Plus you homeboys need to learn to do scoring and RO'ing so we can all help out more. Shut we all need the RO class. I don't know half the rules I should.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
I was getting the hang of scoring - you mean Jesse is finally gonna do a H&H match.....

I need to get some BoomerShooter shirts made but I dont think I can do them in a week - maybe for November OKCGC

jtischauser

I have missed HH for like 4 months. Too many major matches in the spring and summer. Hopefully I'll have my revi ready or a SS for this weekend.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Sorry for not scoring. I've scored for othe matches but I was a little nervous. I pull more weight next time.

jtischauser

No worries wormy. We all worked good together and shot well. We were breaking down stages together which always helps.

When I first started shooting I was scared to score much less run the timer. Then I started shooting better and John made me run a squad two months ago. I was like oh ****, I dont know the rules! I had a 12 year old drop his pistol on the unload and show clear command. My 2nd match as a squad dad I had to DQ Tony for a wondering barrel. Mitch, Chris, Greg, Brandon, Heath and everybody that grabbed the timer and scoresheets made the match a bunch more fun. It's cool when everybody is comfortable with everybody and the squad does what needs to be done to shoot a good match.

jtischauser

[quote author=Wormydog1724 link=topic=116.msg1506#msg1506 date=1286138452]
Fingering the trigger too little?

Target_chart.gif

[/quote]

Do your sights move during dry fire?

M

Mitch Harrington

[quote author=jtischauser link=topic=116.msg1522#msg1522 date=1286144470]
Dont worry, my 6" holster covers everything but the tip.
[/quote]

Wouldn't you need your belt up around your nipple area to cover everything but the tip?

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
[quote author=jtischauser link=topic=116.msg1533#msg1533 date=1286151708]
[quote author=Wormydog1724 link=topic=116.msg1506#msg1506 date=1286138452]
Fingering the trigger too little?

Shooti.gif

[/quote]

Do your sights move during dry fire?
[/quote]

You asking me?

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
[quote author=jtischauser link=topic=116.msg1526#msg1526 date=1286149053]
[/quote]
Sorry about the DQ Tony. That was the first time I have had to be on the giving end of a DQ. It sucked way worse than bring DQ'd believe.

I'll be at H&H. We should do a boomershooter squad again. I liked it except there wasn't quite enough **** talking. Plus you homeboys need to learn to do scoring and RO'ing so we can all help out more. Shut we all need the RO class. I don't know half the rules I should.
[/quote]
Jesse (and Wall) there was a thread over on Enos about this very thing. It was put up by a guy that had to DQ someone and how he hated to do it. Something along the lines of "if you've been DQ'd, don't think we like to do it. We RO's hate it more than you".

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
[quote author=Scott Hearn link=topic=116.msg1555#msg1555 date=1286157090]
[quote author=jtischauser link=topic=116.msg1526#msg1526 date=1286149053]
[/quote]

I'll be at H&H. We should do a boomershooter squad again. I liked it except there wasn't quite enough shoot talking. Plus you homeboys need to learn to do scoring and RO'ing so we can all help out more. Shut we all need the RO class. I don't know half the rules I should.
[/quote]
Jesse (and Wall) there was a thread over on Enos about this very thing. It was put up by a guy that had to DQ someone and how he hated to do it. Something along the lines of "if you've been DQ'd, don't think we like to do it. We RO's hate it more than you".
[/quote]
If that's the case it must've sucked for Jesse pretty bad, because it sucked balls for me.
Lesson learned, no one to blame but myself.
I'll put it behind me and move forward.

Latest posts