USPSA match at OKC Gun Club Oct. 2nd

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
[quote author=Wall link=topic=116.msg1567#msg1567 date=1286161652]
[quote author=Scott Hearn link=topic=116.msg1555#msg1555 date=1286157090]
[quote author=jtischauser link=topic=116.msg1526#msg1526 date=1286149053]
[quote author=Wall link=topic=116.msg1524#msg1524 date=1286146865]
DQ'ing sucked, but it was great shooting with you guys, I had alot of fun.
Jesse, thanks for the tips. Chris too.
It's really fun watching people that know what they're doing.
Anyone going to H&H next sunday?
I believe me & Jeff will be there.
Mitch & Rusty are usually there as well.
Steel Challenge at McCloud is that morning also.
[/quote]
Sorry about the DQ Tony. That was the first time I have had to be on the giving end of a DQ. It sucked way worse than bring DQ'd believe.

I'll be at H&H. We should do a boomershooter squad again. I liked it except there wasn't quite enough shoot talking. Plus you homeboys need to learn to do scoring and RO'ing so we can all help out more. Shut we all need the RO class. I don't know half the rules I should.
[/quote]
Jesse (and Wall) there was a thread over on Enos about this very thing. It was put up by a guy that had to DQ someone and how he hated to do it. Something along the lines of "if you've been DQ'd, don't think we like to do it. We RO's hate it more than you".
[/quote]
If that's the case it must've sucked for Jesse pretty bad, because it sucked balls for me.
Lesson learned, no one to blame but myself.
I'll put it behind me and move forward.
[/quote]
Well I'm sure you heard, but the saying goes "there are those who have, and there are those who will". So far I've been lucky and I'm still in the category of "those who will". But there's been a couple of times that they cut me some slack for barely breaking 180 or covering myself (it's easy to do when going prone or opening a door), but both of those I had my finger out of the trigger guard so they let me continue. It's one of those "Oh $h!t!" moments for sure. I shoot right handed and absolutely hate to move from right to left. Starting a stage deep and having to move a long distance back toward the uprange end is a real ***** too.

jeffsoward

Founding Member
[quote author=Scott Hearn link=topic=116.msg1575#msg1575 date=1286163892]

Well I'm sure you heard, but the saying goes "there are those who have, and there are those who will". So far I've been lucky and I'm still in the category of "those who will". But there's been a couple of times that they cut me some slack for barely breaking 180 or covering myself (it's easy to do when going prone or opening a door), but both of those I had my finger out of the trigger guard so they let me continue. It's one of those "Oh $h!t!" moments for sure. I shoot right handed and absolutely hate to move from right to left. Starting a stage deep and having to move a long distance back toward the uprange end is a real ***** too.
[/quote]
When I was using my cane, I had a couple of the arm-sweep moments. I wasn't notified or anything. I noticed them when I was watching some video of it that Phil had shot. I try to keep the muzzle high and down-range now that I saw it. But not having to deal with that damned cane now really makes a difference.
Tony will definitely learn from it. No doubt about it.

I had fun on the stages I shot. Oddly enough, our first stage (stage 4) was my best. I had decided that I would just follow a plan and "mosey" through the stage. I shot it fairly well, followed the plan and felt really good. then the buzzer bug hit me and I just screwed the pooch on the next two stages.

I really think the most exciting part of my day was putting out the grease fire on the grill. You guys were busy, so I took care of it so that they didn't burn the saloon down.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
It happened when we were shooting the stage with the Hard Cover, right behind the saloon.
According to Jeff, the flames were about 4ft over the top of the grill.
I asked him if he got a free burger out of it. He said they pretty much just small black disks at that point.
They could probably be used for targets at the next match though.

jeffsoward

Founding Member
Yeah, it wasn't a little fire.
I was talking to Phil and I smelled non-food burning and saw black smoke so I bolted around front and the lady was standing there staring at these flames that were licking the awning of the saloon.
I asked if she was ok, and she told me she shut off the burners but it wouldn't go out.
I went around to the back of the grill and shut off the tank and closed the lid. The drain pan was full and had caught fire because the grill wasn't sitting level so the grease didn't drain properly.
She said that she wasn't stupid enough to throw water on it but she didn't know how to put it out. I told her that a big box of baking soda was a good idea, but a fire extinguisher was even better.

jeffsoward

Founding Member
Nope. I'm a ninja. You should have seen my cat-like reflexes when I jumped into action.

really, it was just one of those make it as safe as possible and let it go out things. i wasn't fighting a fire, I was doing things to make it less dangerous til it burned itself out.

aldrin44

Well-Known Fanatic
It was great getting to shoot with you guys. Cmcalc.com has some classifier scores for 09-09 if you haven't already found that. Although I'm not sure how accurate it is...

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
[quote author=B.S. DuBois link=topic=116.msg1503#msg1503 date=1286135449]
If anyone wants a good laugh on my expense watch the video below. Needless to say I tend to shoot a tad to the left :)

[/quote]

What the Ro at like :35 seconds. He can't take it anymore and starts laughing.

jtischauser

[quote author=aldrin44 link=topic=116.msg1598#msg1598 date=1286206060]
It was great getting to shoot with you guys. Cmcalc.com has some classifier scores for 09-09 if you haven't already found that. Although I'm not sure how accurate it is...
[/quote]

I haven't seen this one yet. I couldn't get anything out of the other calculator so I'll take my 66.6666 and run with it.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
[quote author=jtischauser link=topic=116.msg1599#msg1599 date=1286206148]
[quote author=B.S. DuBois link=topic=116.msg1503#msg1503 date=1286135449]
If anyone wants a good laugh on my expense watch the video below. Needless to say I tend to shoot a tad to the left :)

[/quote]

What the Ro at like :35 seconds. He can't take it anymore and starts laughing.
[/quote]

I thought you were going to snatch his pistol & hit it for him.
Kinda sucks when your RO starts laughing at you.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
YEA YEA rub it in guys - I think jesse likes giving me a hard time - hell I would have laughed at me - I DID in fact laugh when I finished - I gotta figure out why my shots are left - and grouping together but just left....

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
[quote author=B.S. DuBois link=topic=116.msg1625#msg1625 date=1286215495]
YEA YEA rub it in guys - I think jesse likes giving me a hard time - hell I would have laughed at me - I DID in fact laugh when I finished - I gotta figure out why my shots are left - and grouping together but just left....
[/quote]
You might try drifting your rear sight to the right a touch. Just a thought...

:72:

jtischauser

What do your sights do when you dry fire? If they aren't moving you need to move that rear sight.