Trimming .223 brass?

pranavdc

Active Fanatic
Hello all,

I am looking for a inexpensive and easy way to trim my .223 brass. I really don't want to drop the cash for a Giraud or the other case trimmer at this time. Anyone have a good easy cheap way to trim that is reliable? Thanks for any help and ideas!

Cheers!

Jason

csiedmond1

Well-Known Fanatic
I took an rcbs manual trimmer and took off the crank handle an made a spindle to chuck in my cordless drill, works like a dream and saves on the arm...

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Here is the possum hollow in action. A small benchtop drill press would make it less tiring but as you can see here, not necessary.

pranavdc

Active Fanatic
I got a possum hollow unit worked thru about 500 cases and said piss on that!! I ordered a dillon 1200 trimmer the next day. Yes the possom hollow works but I have blisters on my index finger and thumb from just 500. So the money for a tool that will small base size and trim with no burs on the case and all I have to do is insert pull handle rinse and repeat I am in for!! thanks for the help but if you are on a fence about which way to go spend the money and get the Dillon 1200 trimmer! Wish the 550 would deswage like a 1050!

Cheers!

Jason

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I got a possum hollow unit worked thru about 500 cases and said piss on that!! I ordered a dillon 1200 trimmer the next day. Yes the possom hollow works but I have blisters on my index finger and thumb from just 500. So the money for a tool that will small base size and trim with no burs on the case and all I have to do is insert pull handle rinse and repeat I am in for!! thanks for the help but if you are on a fence about which way to go spend the money and get the Dillon 1200 trimmer! Wish the 550 would deswage like a 1050!

Cheers!

Jason
LOL! You did the exact same thing I did. The possum hollow is a good trimmer for the price, but prepping .223 brass just a monumental PIA. So I do it in bulk all at once. I can run 1000 an hour through my 650 with the case feeder if I want. The hard part is keeping lubed brass in the feeder! I only plan on doing .223 brass about once a year now.

Now get the Dillon swager and you're set.

Latest posts