The Econo-Can

MrTheBigOx

Well-Known Fanatic
I like your thinking. You could actually build suppressors for many different firearms and reuse the same adapter for each of them and only pay $75 for the adapter and $200 for the stamp once but potentially have a dozen suppressors or more.

Thats if your laws will alow it normally if something seem's easy its not going to happen.
But you will only be able to build muzzel forwerd supressors which will make your rifle a bit longer. Most comercially built ones will come back over the barrel a bit reducing how far forwerd they need to go to get the capacity required.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
BigOx, I'm guessing that wouldn't be allowable. The current rules with suppressors are a mess here. You can't have spare parts for a suppressor currently, so if something needs to be repaired, it has to go back to the manufacturer. So even if you have a can that you can take apart to clean, if you get a baffle strike, they can't send you new baffles; they are considered part of the suppressor, and new parts would be a new suppressor. Hence, I'm guess they get around this with the EconoCan because the filter is disposable; where if you made a reusable baffle stack it would have to be "part of" the registered suppressor.

Just my guess. I would be curious to hear.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
BigOx, I'm guessing that wouldn't be allowable. The current rules with suppressors are a mess here. You can't have spare parts for a suppressor currently, so if something needs to be repaired, it has to go back to the manufacturer. So even if you have a can that you can take apart to clean, if you get a baffle strike, they can't send you new baffles; they are considered part of the suppressor, and new parts would be a new suppressor. Hence, I'm guess they get around this with the EconoCan because the filter is disposable; where if you made a reusable baffle stack it would have to be "part of" the registered suppressor.

Just my guess. I would be curious to hear.

This is correct.
If you were to build your own tube with baffles and not register it with a form 1, you can expect prison in your future. The econo can is made for oil filters only, and its quite possible that if you had 2 or more filters available at the same time it could be considered as having extra parts and therefore equal prison.

Latest posts