thanksgiving --my way

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
My wife forgot this so I had to remind her and thought I would share our Thanksgiving tradition with my fellow fanatics.

for YEARS now, we have always prepared a thanksgiving dinner and ate it on Wednesday. I would put the turkey in the oven and go to do housecalls for 4 hours or so..come home and help prepare and eat that great meal. My MRS wanted to be reminded--WHY?

it is simple. As a family, we use d to either go out to eat or go to my parents or (heaven forbid) my drugged out sisters home for dinner on Thursday(lots of disgusting stories come from having a druggie/alcoholic sister incharge of the dinner) . anyway, we would come home empty handed and hunger sets in around 5 pm...SO we started making our own meal on Wednesday with all the fixings and could enjoy our leftovers for a couple of days

happy thanksgiving to all

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
feeling is mutual Bender.

happy thanksgiving to you and yours too. Hope all is well with you and your are excited about your pending move

Last edited:

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
We really are, however the Air Force gave my wife in early Christmas present. She was selected for a non-volunteer, one year remote assignment. So we have that to deal with. I think she will be retiring a bit earlier than planned.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
how remote?

retirement sound s like a dream. tell her good luck and take the retirement asap

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Would think either Afghanistan or Korea. At this point we have just gotten notice of selection.

Sorry to have brought that up here

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
not a problem with me @Bender. I hope she goes to the safer of the 2 place. sorry she is being sent overseas at all

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks Doc

We have much to be thankful for. Jobs, a nice home, good friends,......a lot.

I wish everyone a Wonderful Turkey day!

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
greta job, good health, being an AMERICAN, enjoying our passion--guns and shooting them--so much to thank the lord for every day

rjinaz86323

Well-Known Fanatic
Blessing for all for sure. This year we will end up having Thanksgiving 4 times. Our best friends invited us to their family dinner last Saturday (scheduled to accommodate family members), Thursday our local 'dive bar' has an open Thanksgiving dinner for the regulars (just bring a covered dish), Friday we have our traditional family dinner with kids and grandkids, and then on Saturday we will have left-overs with our best friends (as they will be in Vegas when we have our traditional dinner for their anniversary). Should add at least 10 un-needed pounds to the waistline. :rolleyes: Makes you realize how fortunate we all are.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Blessing for all for sure. This year we will end up having Thanksgiving 4 times. Our best friends invited us to their family dinner last Saturday (scheduled to accommodate family members), Thursday our local 'dive bar' has an open Thanksgiving dinner for the regulars (just bring a covered dish), Friday we have our traditional family dinner with kids and grandkids, and then on Saturday we will have left-overs with our best friends (as they will be in Vegas when we have our traditional dinner for their anniversary). Should add at least 10 un-needed pounds to the waistline. :rolleyes: Makes you realize how fortunate we all are.
don't forget the stretchy waisted pants...you will need them. otherwise you can doa Frank BaROne--and just undo your pants as you enter their homes LOL :) enjoy each meal as if it were the only one

BenchMonkey

Well-Known Fanatic
Would think either Afghanistan or Korea. At this point we have just gotten notice of selection.

Sorry to have brought that up here
Your not alone high speed. The better half has orders in hand "subject to change" of course for either the sand box or rock pile. Wanna help with the 4 curtain climbers? :D

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Your not alone high speed. The better half has orders in hand "subject to change" of course for either the sand box or rock pile. Wanna help with the 4 curtain climbers? :D

Sure....I LOVE couch commandos!

Our saving grace is she has over twenty in. Was planning to retire in Sept to go over 22. The possibility exists that she may just turn them down and retire earlier than planned.

I was in the sandbox a lot, nine deployments over there. I hate that damn place, no longer care much for sand. I can't blame her if she decides to punch out.

BenchMonkey

Well-Known Fanatic

I was in the sandbox a lot, nine deployments over there. I hate that damn place, no longer care much for sand.

Yup, until you look at your watch and realize that "kit" bag the little cuties were left with hold clothes and diapers for 72 hours.....grrr.

It only happened once and they got coal that year. They still wonder why we don't call....

You miss your pet camel spider don't you?

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic

Our saving grace is she has over twenty in. Was planning to retire in Sept to go over 22. The possibility exists that she may just turn them down and retire earlier than planned.

I was in the sandbox a lot, nine deployments over there. I hate that damn place, no longer care much for sand. I can't blame her if she decides to punch out.

thank you both for your service to all of us

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
A few years ago, the wife and I were living down in Miami. Work being what it was, Thanksgiving just wasn't a time we can get away. So we did a little bit out of the ordinary type Thanksgiving down there. We would take turkey sandwiches, a couple sides & the salads to the beach.

I applaud your sense of adventure in straying from the norm. Not a lot of people do that these days .

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
A few years ago, the wife and I were living down in Miami. Work being what it was, Thanksgiving just wasn't a time we can get away. So we did a little bit out of the ordinary type Thanksgiving down there. We would take turkey sandwiches, a couple sides & the salads to the beach.

I applaud your sense of adventure in straying from the norm. Not a lot of people do that these days .

it is normal for us--ABBY normal--:) cool TD for you and your mrs in Fla. I love doing things different