Surefire 60 & 100 round mags

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I had mine mess up last month at OKCGC. I am not entirely blaming it on the mag as I forgot to oil my BCG before the match and it was dry as a bone. I oiled it but I didn't use the 60 rounder anymore that day. A lot of guys here have been using them with good results though.

Swifty

Well-Known Fanatic
I had mine mess up last month at OKCGC. I am not entirely blaming it on the mag as I forgot to oil my BCG before the match and it was dry as a bone. I oiled it but I didn't use the 60 rounder anymore that day. A lot of guys here have been using them with good results though.
Have u ran it since?

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
No I haven't. I haven't ever cleaned it so that could have been the issue too. For now, I am blaming it on the dry BCG,

jhjh11

Well-Known Fanatic
I have been running a sure fire 60 for the last several months. It has run 100% for me. I have seen them hang up on people. Mine hasn't. I love the extra height for going prone. I can't get low enough with a 30 rounder.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I have been running a sure fire 60 for the last several months. It has run 100% for me. I have seen them hang up on people. Mine hasn't. I love the extra height for going prone. I can't get low enough with a 30 rounder.

Same exact thing I would have said. I'm scared to take mine apart.

Jeremy Moore

Well-Known Fanatic
How many rds do u usually put through it before u take it apart?

It's more about the range conditions...on average every 4-5 matches.
I clean it after every match just by taking it apart, runnning a mag brush through it and lightly oiling the followers where the come in contact with the mag.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
I ran mine this weekend. I had some problems shooting from the angle roof top set up. I was trying to get down with my recently repaired kneed and ended up leaning on the mag too much. It was causing failures to feed. At the match, I had to drop the mag before dumping rifle into barrel and when the mag would hit, 4 or 5 extra rounds popped out. Out side of that, it worked great. I placed an order for some more to resell and hope to have them by this week.

What are you guys placing on the bottom as a pad or bump plate?

SgtDave

Well-Known Fanatic
I broke mine in by taking it to the range at work and doing a couple of mags dumps with one of our old M16 A1's. It ran without an issues on full auto and has never let me down at a match. I will never run it on my suppressed carbine because of all the carbon that gets blown into the magazine will gunk it up pretty fast. I would also not use it on a stage that requires me to drop the mag on the ground. Most of the time I use mine as a monopod on a prone stage.

Latest posts