Supreme Court Rejects Bump Stock Ban Case

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
We almost all knew that potentially the bump stock ruling was the start of a slippery slope that Trump said was ok after talking to Wayne LP of the NRA. This gave the ATF the camel's nose under the tent relative to writing law/rules beyond the '68 gca and the various NFA laws. It could be potentially used to outlaw guns like the AK series of rifles with heavy bolt carriers that will occasionally bump fire unintentionally and certainly will if you put them on the hip and loosely hold the grip while pulling the trigger.
I can see next the outlawing of light target triggers just because a gun with a 2.5 lbs trigger can be fired a little faster and more accurately than one with an 8 lb trigger.
For now the ATF is doing the same by going after specialized forced reset triggers, trying to redefine what is a receiver, and reversing their previous rulings on bump stocks.

Byron Wright

Fanatic
We almost all knew that potentially the bump stock ruling was the start of a slippery slope that Trump said was ok after talking to Wayne LP of the NRA. This gave the ATF the camel's nose under the tent relative to writing law/rules beyond the '68 gca and the various NFA laws. It could be potentially used to outlaw guns like the AK series of rifles with heavy bolt carriers that will occasionally bump fire unintentionally and certainly will if you put them on the hip and loosely hold the grip while pulling the trigger.
I can see next the outlawing of light target triggers just because a gun with a 2.5 lbs trigger can be fired a little faster and more accurately than one with an 8 lb trigger.
For now the ATF is doing the same by going after specialized forced reset triggers, trying to redefine what is a receiver, and reversing their previous rulings on bump stocks.
You don't really understand the "shall not be infringed" part. Today it's the 2.5 lb trigger, next it will be a 3 lb, then a 3.5 lb, and so on until they can ban all triggers. I almost put you in the same boat as Kree. "Shall not be infringed" means no ban on anything. People like you say "but we don't need" something. It's not about need. When the 2A was written, anybody could own the same weapons as the military, including cannons, contrary to what Emperor Biden said. It should be the same today.

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
You don't really understand the "shall not be infringed" part. Today it's the 2.5 lb trigger, next it will be a 3 lb, then a 3.5 lb, and so on until they can ban all triggers. I almost put you in the same boat as Kree. "Shall not be infringed" means no ban on anything. People like you say "but we don't need" something. It's not about need. When the 2A was written, anybody could own the same weapons as the military, including cannons, contrary to what Emperor Biden said. It should be the same today.
Exactly what do you mean I do not understand: "shall not be infringed"
I am not too concerned with ever class you decide to put me in sir.

I do not approve any ban. The camels nose under the tent is the first indication of infringing.
Attempting to eat your own which is what you are doing has always been counterproductive.
I certainly do not agree with you slanderous statement: People like you say "but we don't need" something.
Exactly where did I say any such thing.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic

I do not approve any ban. The camels nose under the tent is the first indication of infringing.
Attempting to eat your own which is what you are doing has always been counterproductive.

Gentlemen; All Discussion, opinions, idea's, interpretations are important. The ATF/and the rest of the Federal Alphabet agencies do great job of Dividing and Conquering. We're in this together using tolerance, thought, research, & Logic. Bottom line: "The Constitution /Bill of Rights is our guideline", how we interpret the Amendments is set for debate amongst us(as our Forefathers). It's the United States of America, it's who we are.

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
The only saving grace to a bump stock is when it's on a .22 at a private range. I'm not a fan of the device, but there IS a serious fun factor attached to that .22.
If we eliminate the ATF putting someone in jail, the only downsides I see is that it does not teach marksmanship and safety issues such as an out of battery firing. Some tell me that is not an issue. People claim that would not be useful on a bipoded weapons the lieu of a light machinegun. I had no place where I could of shot one even when they were legal because the local shooting ranges will not allow them.

dennishoddy

You can own all the cannons you want currently. I have a friend with field cannons, mortars, and so on.
All very legal. Brain dead biden was wrong with that comment that you can't buy a cannon currently.

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
When it comes to our Constitutional Rights. No Concessions & No Quarter Given.
What has been called compromise gun bills are we give the control people something and lose rights and the only thing in return is that for a few days at most they sit back before proposing another gunlaw.
But for now it is the death of a 1000 cuts with each concession.
Decriminalize silencers, SBRs, and open the machine gun registry then we can talk.

Byron Wright

Fanatic

I misread your statement as you can see outlawing 2.5 lb triggers. My mistake.

Latest posts