Suppressor for Glock 23

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I have a buddy that wants to get s suppressor for a Glock 23. Any suggetions as to who makes on and where to get it from?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Jesse, Have him contact Bryon at Major Malfunction.
Bryon is sometimes hard to get ahold of dur to Army Reserves commitments, but it's worth the ttime & trouble.
All of my suppressors have come from him & he makes it really easy. His prices are about the best you'll find.
Tell him I sent you, it won't get you any special treatment but I like people to know I'm trying to take care of them when they treat me right.

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
Just FYI, .40 cans are not very quiet unless shot wet. Probably only the Silencerco Osprey and AAC TiRant are even ear safe when shot dry. I'd opt for the Osprey of the two.

+1 for Major. I have a Silencerco Sparrow on order with him now.

jtischauser

Is a 9mm the quietest for a full size caliber? i.e. a non 22lr? I know nothing about suppression so bear with me.

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
Is a 9mm the quietest for a full size caliber? i.e. a non 22lr? I know nothing about suppression so bear with me.

Yes. Running a good 147gr 9mm subsonic load in an Osprey or TiRant will be nearly as quiet as some .22lr cans. If you're coming to the IDPA match, I'll bring my Evo 9 and let you try it.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member

I use a .45 YHM Cobra M2 suppressor for .45 & 9mm.
9mm is quietest of them but the .45acp ins't too bad either.
& I can cover all of my calibers with the 1 can.
I use it on my pistols & my 9mm & .45acp AR Carbines.
Suppressors can be shot either dry or wet (a little lube or gel added to the inside volume of the can).
Wet is much, much quieter, but can get a little messy if you go overboard.
It usually lasts for a couple mags or so, then you have to add some more.

Like Jerry said, give me a heads up & I'll bring it for you to check it out.
Are you still planning on helping with the scoring & whatever at the 3gun match on the 19th?
I'd like to take you up on your offer of using your shotgun if you are.

jtischauser

IM gonna try to come to the match. I really want to shoot some of it if I can. I definately want to try that Texas star at 175.

You are welcome to use my scattergun anytime.

Latest posts