Stupid Question

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok I have my USPSA membership and would kinda like to see my progression so do the local matches go toward the USPSA tally? what or where do I sign my my number so the points will be put toward my overall tally? or is this something that I need to be doing?

I used to shoot but just cause I wanted to get better but for some stupid reason I'd like to give it a real go this time around, the reason I became a USPSA member. I had forgotten how much I enjoy competitive shooting which is either a good thing or bad but we will see how things go. I figure the rest of this year to get the hang of things then actually really give it a go next year, the biggest expenses have been covered, shotgun, AR, RL550B now just need to recover the piggybank and get some more vacation from work :)

Sorry for the goofy question but I really just couldn't find the information I was looking for. Later,

Kirk

scooterj

Well-Known Fanatic
All sanctioned matches will have one "classifier" stage. The results from this stage are sent to USPSA and are recorded in the database.
Top right, enter your member and click "LOOKUP" http://www.uspsa.org...er-support.php#

My number is in my sig. If you don't have any scores posted, you can see what it will look like after you do get some scores.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
You have to shoot four classifiers to get a ranking. You'll start out U for Unclassified, and then make it up through the rankings. They should be in the USPSA materials you receive after joining.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
Enter your member number on the sign in sheet when you enter your division and classification. You will be classified "U" until you have 4 classifiers in your division. Most okcgc and H&H matches will have one classifier stage each match. Your hit factor will be entered against all hit factors on file for that classifier and you will get your classifier percentage. Once you have 4 on file, you will have your initial classification. At major matches, you will be shooting against shooters of like skill level based on their classifier record.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
That paperwork is sort of dense! It could sure stand to be livened up, as in being written by an actual technical writer and not some goons who "figured things out".

Latest posts