Stoeger M3k 3G VS FNH SLP

cajunautoxer

Well-Known Fanatic
So anyone know what extension i need a stoeger 3k to make it a +12?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
So anyone know what extension i need a stoeger 3k to make it a +12?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
If you mean 12+1, just subtract the number it holds without an extension (4+1) from the desired capacity (12+1) & you'd need a +8 extension.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
cajunautoxer said:
so this maybe a stupid question. So when ordering a Nordics extension set is it standard for shotguns from the factory to be 4 rounds?
M2 is 3 rounds, m3000 Affinity and Nova/Supernova hold 4.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Wall said:
If you mean 12+1, just subtract the number it holds without an extension (4+1) from the desired capacity (12+1) & you'd need a +8 extension.
Math, it's the new science

posted via Tapatalk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Burk Cornelius said:
Math, it's the new science

posted via Tapatalk
a58a2eadb46e2e387831c4a7aa207d26.jpg

chgofirefighter

Active Fanatic
martinga111 said:
I've been shooting the Stoeger M3000 for 2 years now in local 3G matches. I had some initial issues with Winchester and Estate shot shells, but once I settled on cheap Wal-Mart Federal GP shot shells, I have had no operational issues.
I was on a budget and wasn't sure I would stay with 3G and at the time, I couldn't find a Benelli M2. For sure the M2 is the way to go, but for the money, the Stoeger works for me and I'm not looking to change it now, even though I'm now hooked on 3G and could afford a M2. By the time I get a M2 into 3G condition, I will have $1300-1500 in it and a lot of time in it modifying the loading port. That is more than double what I have in my M3K. As for the JM930 Pro, I don't see many of them at 3G matches anymore and everyone that I know that bought one in the past for 3G, got rid of them and bought either a Steoger or a Benelli. There is another Brand out called Breda B12i, which is made by the same Benelli consortium of companies and they are looking to get into the 3G game. it looks like it already has a generous loading port mod from the factory. You can see them at http://ironcityrifle.com/collections/breda-shotguns. I was told they are $1299, so same price range as the M2, but comes with the loading port done already.
IMG_1625_grande.JPG
IMG_4731_1024x1024.JPG
Wow, this things looks SWEEET~ !

cajunautoxer

Well-Known Fanatic
Does anyone know if I can install a TTI Benelli Ultimate Reduced-Power Buffer M2 Spring kit so my M3K can shoot 7/8 oz Fiocchi slugs

jtischauser

cajunautoxer said:
Does anyone know if I can install a TTI Benelli Ultimate Reduced-Power Buffer M2 Spring kit so my M3K can shoot 7/8 oz Fiocchi slugs
I don't think it will matter. The recoil system adds drag and the lack of comfortech stock reduces the amount the gun moves rearward during initial recoil which initiates the inertia system.

As infrequent as we shoot slugs you're better off trying the 1200-1300 fps loads for 100% reliability. I always ran the 1300 for federal slugs in my Xrail m2 and my Stoeger.

JoeF

Well-Known Fanatic
The M3K will reliably cycle those slugs, you just need to break it in...

At least mine did...

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
cajunautoxer said:
A Benelli M2 & A Steoger M3000 don't have the same type of recoil system.

jtischauser

Wall said:
A Benelli M2 & A Steoger M3000 don't have the same type of recoil system.
Lol, good catch. I was thinking about all those trigger group springs Taran sells when I read it.

You might message Tim, Mark, Beckley Yackley or Ryan Muller and see if they have any tricks to run lower power loads. Thomas Hart from MOA precision has built a lot of guns too.

Latest posts