Started CCing today

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
...one more piece of advice. Listen to guys like Spencer (Prdator) and Troy. They (among others) know what they are talking about.

Prdator

Keepers Concealment
And just FYI for those saying there carrying without a holster.... that's a REALLY bad idea..... Just a wile back a guy "accidentally" killed his self wile carrying without a holster.......

dennishoddy

And just FYI for those saying there carrying without a holster.... that's a REALLY bad idea..... Just a wile back a guy "accidentally" killed his self wile carrying without a holster.......

For the life of me, I can't remember his name. He was an exibition shooter for the Okla Highway patrol in the 60's. I used to work with his son, but saw him give a demo in school.(times have changed). He showed all of his stuff, and finally said that in one moment of stupidity, he stuck a 1911 into the back of his pants as a temporary holster, and shot himself in the arse when recovering the weapon.
Story is: be carefull how you carry.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
And on the Appendix carry, Im all for that, BUT don't do it until you have had Several Training classes!!!!!! Just know that holstering the gun AIWB may be the most dangerous thing you ever do..... You'll only screw that up once.

.... Just a wile back a guy "accidentally" killed his self wile carrying without a holster.......

in one moment of stupidity, he stuck a 1911 into the back of his pants as a temporary holster, and shot himself in the arse when recovering the weapon.
Story is: be carefull how you carry.

You only get to shoot yourself in the pecker ONCE!

TroyF

TheBearcat
Shot to the side of the thigh, bad. Twig and berries, bad. Shot is shot. It goes without saying that anyone carrying a firearm, needs training. I don't necessarily place a premium on more training because of where on your body you carry. Maybe "where" you carry.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
I have a Looper like yours that is heading North for Christmas... to a slight fella who packs a G26. The Looper looks like it needs a few more holes punched in it if a person wanted to get the rise and cant just perfect.

For the first month or two....ANY gun you carry will be obvious to YOU and you alone. I can assure you... if a guy can open carry one of those pimped out Taurus 1911's with gold plated trim OPEN in Lansing, MI without starting a riot... you should be able to carry any gun of your choosing with a good IWB.

Most "tuckable" holsters work very well if you wear a full cut dress shirt (like a Arrow button down or similar) and let the waist blouse out over the tucked gun.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Yep, shot his self in the arse.

His son is about 6' 3", and meaner than a junk yard dog....Least he was in the 80's.
His daddy was a bad mofo. I'll never forget seeing him when I was a kid either on Outdoor Oklahoma or Don Wallace. He "painted" and indian chief's head complete with the big feathered head dress. His brush was a Thompson sub machine gun. His canvas was a piece of sheet metal about 3 or 4 foot square. It was amazing.

Oleg Tolmachev

Well-Known Fanatic
I carry my G23 at 4 o'clock and Kimber at 5 o'clock. Both conceal very well, Kimber more so because of the slim profile. Usually a t-shirt that's not too tight does it just fine. Lots more options in cool weather. Have to be careful bending over to pick something up say form a bottom shelf in a store. usually move my wallet into my left back pocket (weak arm).

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 31
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 43
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 34

Eellis

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm not knocking you at all but accidents happen every day.

twotonevert

Well-Known Fanatic
You just need to get comfortable with carrying, I was paranoid for about a week and now I dont think about it nor worry if others will "see". I use a Cleveland and it conceals a G21 with ease, carried at 4 o'clock with a slight kant. Full size .45's are big and heavy, but it can be done. All good advice so far.

2011-11-29_17-47-10_790.jpg

2011-11-23_11-17-10_863.jpg

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Most people have trouble concealing ONE gun!

Nice Kimber BTW

I have a buddy down in Mississippi who has carried 12 CW weapons at once... and spoke in front of group of people to demonstrate that fine art of the hide- out gun.

NOT A NAA .22 in that dozen either. Largest is a 5 inch 1911, there are a couple of Browning .25 ACP guns in vest pockets... all the others are servicible revolvers or semi autos

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Any new reports?

Oh yeah! It's pretty great now that it's lower. I think the cant could be more aggressive and it would hide perfectly, but I'm now more certain that I didn't waste my money on this holster. It carries a lot better, extremely comfortable, but not as comfortable as wearing an OWB holster. Time to practice my draws. I don't see it being tough to beat 1.5sec, but I don't think I'd make it past a reliable 1.2 unless I really got stringent with it.

dennishoddy

I have a buddy down in Mississippi who has carried 12 CW weapons at once... and spoke in front of group of people to demonstrate that fine art of the hide- out gun.

NOT A NAA .22 in that dozen either. Largest is a 5 inch 1911, there are a couple of Browning .25 ACP guns in vest pockets... all the others are servicible revolvers or semi autos

There was a video running around a couple of years ago with William Shatner coming into a board room and finally putting a TON of pistols
On the desk.
It was amazing how many he had under his business suit.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Awesome buddy. A little cant (raise The front loop or lower the back) does help conceal some guns.

Good luck and be careful. Drawing from IWB is different from a DOH.

Oh yeah! It's pretty great now that it's lower. I think the cant could be more aggressive and it would hide perfectly, but I'm now more certain that I didn't waste my money on this holster. It carries a lot better, extremely comfortable, but not as comfortable as wearing an OWB holster. Time to practice my draws. I don't see it being tough to beat 1.5sec, but I don't think I'd make it past a reliable 1.2 unless I really got stringent with it.