speaking of suppressors...

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
I really want to get a Marlin 1984c in .38/.357 and thread it to run some big ole 200gr JWC boolits at 1075fps through my 9mm suppressor.

I was debating building a 9mm AR but I think I'll do the lever gun pistol caliber Marlin for waaaaayyy less.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
Tigerstripe said:
He loves that thing. He loves just about everything that throws lead, and who can blame him? Note about 10:30 into the video when he's shooting the propane can, you can see those slow projectiles lobbing toward the target. I guess that slow (read subsonic) speed also makes them ideal for a supressor.

I'll bet someone has tried a suppressor with a 30-30 lever as well or maybe a 30 Carbine, due to 30 cal being a popular suppressor size.

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm thinking that's my next purchase....it'll be great with my 9mm can. I'll look for a 16" Rossi 92 in .38/.357 and get my smith to thread the barrel and shorten the mag tube a little.

Anyone know if Rossi makes a little scout style rail that a red dot can be mounted on over the barrel? Since it ejects upwards a standard scope rail wouldn't do and the offset ones are not my thing

Latest posts