some companies go awry

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
I would have no issues at all sending it back to Springfield, as long as they provide a label.
I would be nervous is USPS were used to ship it though.
insured for full replacement was the issue that pushed me to cooperate .Others do NOT provide that

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
I would certainly expect Springfield to provide a Fed-Ex (fully insured) shipping label. Curious, do the Springfield Pros already come with a titanium firing pin?

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Im no longer a fan of anything Springfield.

When they joined RRA in solely funding a known anti-gun lobbyist, I wrote them off.
one more reason to not buy their stuff--dishonest policies and this proprietary parts on a 1911 bs are 2 more

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
I would certainly expect Springfield to provide a Fed-Ex (fully insured) shipping label. Curious, do the Springfield Pros already come with a titanium firing pin?
Steve Owens think so and has asked others. I am not sur e now as the gun is in their hands

pipewrench

Fanatic
the only reason I am sending it back is -- they promised me that the gun is insured for replacement value(by a commercial insurance not fedex). I was supposed to ship a different gun to another company for a minor fix recently( bad extraction) but decided not to becaus e they do NOT insure the expensive gun for full replacement.

Steve Owens and @ZoidMeister have both told stories recently of lost packages... not willing to lose a gun and have to deal with that. so I will do as SA says but I am far from happy about it
Rob IDK if this would help IDK Debbie has always helped me out and very understanding maybe talk with her first??

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Rob IDK if this would help IDK Debbie has always helped me out and very understanding maybe talk with her first??
pipewrench-0-she did not even return my calls. that was the final straw so I sent it back

woodlands747

Well-Known Fanatic
I have always received nothing but better than expected service from them when I have needed to send a gun back.
I trust you will experience the same.

Busa Dave

Well-Known Fanatic
I have to wonder what has happened within some companies. Why change a good company with great CS into a downwardly spiraling mess?
I bought a SACS 9m m professional in mid July. From day 1, I had some light strikes(FTF). Different brands of ammunition reacted differently; ie more light strikes with winchester than federal,blazer... Anyway I had enough and after talking with our own Steve Owens, I decided to contact SA and ask for:

1 replacement firing pin-ss
1 firing pin spring
1 main spring

Any of these could fix the problem. Together they would definitely fix the issue.(now that I can detail strip a 1911-- whoopee for me :) I am empowered to try simple fixes too.)

They refused. They want the gun back. They will not ship or sell parts to anyone . Their claim is that all parts and spring weight s are proprietary. really ? on a 1911? what are you thinking?

1911s and glock live off the afte r market parts available. To make a gun only use proprietary parts and require returns for such small issues as a recoil spring is NUTS>

what are they thinking.

now I have to risk shipping back an expensive gun for a minor issue( spring change and firing pins are minor in my book).
I am beside myself ..so is Steve

rant over

Sorry but that is the way it should be. They have no idea if you even have the ability to flush the toilet. You have barked up the wrong tree on this one. :) :) It has already been said above. They may know something you do not about this pistol and why it is doing this that they do not want to disclose. No big deal really BUT it is a PIA. BTW can you flush a toilet? :eek:

Last edited:

Busa Dave

Well-Known Fanatic
Looks like the "mothership" came up with a different solution after all. Wonder if they did this on purpose?? :)

Glad you have it back! Bet it runs now.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Looks like the "mothership" came up with a different solution after all. Wonder if they did this on purpose?? :)

Glad you have it back! Bet it runs now.

thanks Dave. I hope so too.

. Steve Owens and I thought they would use a stainless steel( for more inertial weight) FP. We figured they would replace 1 of 3 parts--the firing pin, the firing pin spring, or the main spring.

report coming by the weekend

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
shot 70 rou nds without any issue. I will test it more next week. used federal 147 gr ammo to be sure I tested it with quality stuff.

have a stainless firing pin waiting --just in case

woodlands747

Well-Known Fanatic
shot 70 rou nds without any issue. I will test it more next week. used federal 147 gr ammo to be sure I tested it with quality stuff.

have a stainless firing pin waiting --just in case
To further eliminate light strikes if you go to the stainless FP, replace that Extra Extra (XX) Power firing pin spring that SA uses with the titanium FP with an Extra (X) Power FPS from Wolff Gunsprings.
I believe I got this advice from Rob at Alchemy many years ago and it solved all of my light strike issues.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
To further eliminate light strikes if you go to the stainless FP, replace that Extra Extra (XX) Power firing pin spring that SA uses with the titanium FP with an Extra (X) Power FPS from Wolff Gunsprings.
I believe I got this advice from Rob at Alchemy many years ago and it solved all of my light strike issues.
thanks. will do

Latest posts