SOCOM Build

NL7CO

Well-Known Fanatic
Bought the gun in Sep 04 and am finally getting around to "fixing" it. The only thing done so far is to replace the stock mag release with a Sadlak tactical one.

Want to use it as a GP rifle, possibly replacing my Stag 3G and the dedicated Nordic Components NC-22. Don't really plan on using it much past 200-300 meters, but these old eyes argue against iron sights only.

pre_1333723072__20120406_-_socom_start.jpg

Think I'm going to go with:
18.5" FA Barrel
SEI M14 GLFS-D-18
SEI M14 SOCOM Gas Plug
Sadlak NM TiN Gas Cylinder Piston
SEI M14 Extended Bolt Stop/Release
Undetermined Flash Hider

Initially, I'm going to add a Troy BattleRail M14 so that I can use my EOtech with Magnifier and the MagPul sights until I finally decide which stock I'm going to end up with.

Eventually, I'll add an AAC 762-SDN-6 Suppressor which will replace the as yet undetermined flash hider with it's flash hider.

Comments appreciated.
Don

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
I love the m1a/socom rifles. Keep posting as you do the mods. I am interested to see the end result. Good luck. Sweet rifle.

dennishoddy

I agree. Very nice. They had one up for a drawing at our last NRA banquet. I dumped a bunch of $ trying to win it, but, as usual, it went to somebody else.

McGuire

Well-Known Fanatic
I really like the VLTOR stocks for these rifles, It seems easier to use optics and makes it easier to handle with the pistol grip.
se.
Socom-Lg.jpg

Latest posts