So......back to Illinois for me

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
As many know, I had been perusing a position with GE in Lafayette, IN for a few months. Monday evening I decided that the culture and training environment just wasn't for me. I had been thinking of leaving for a few weeks. I finally made the decision and dropped a letter of resignation Tuesday morning with HR.

The training program, or lack of, was the part that was driving me nuts. They would put you in a work center you had not worked before, with no training or instruction on the highlighted problem areas, then counsel you when you didn't complete a sequence perfectly. This happened multiple times, it's a crazy way to operate a training environment.

Life is too short to start a new job that is this frustrating......rant over.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Sorry to hear that happened...but on to the next adventure! Best of luck sir!

SparkyAZ

Well-Known Fanatic
Corporate Analytics... "monitored and instructed" by individuals who have never had grease under their fingernails. Not a day goes by G that I am not at least a bit thankful that my working career is nearing the end.
Best of luck to you, next one is always the best...

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
As many know, I had been perusing a position with GE in Lafayette, IN for a few months. Monday evening I decided that the culture and training environment just wasn't for me. I had been thinking of leaving for a few weeks. I finally made the decision and dropped a letter of resignation Tuesday morning with HR.

The training program, or lack of, was the part that was driving me nuts. They would put you in a work center you had not worked before, with no training or instruction on the highlighted problem areas, then counsel you when you didn't complete a sequence perfectly. This happened multiple times, it's a crazy way to operate a training environment.

Life is too short to start a new job that is this frustrating......rant over.
wow...sorry to hear of it. BUT as long as you will be happier and more satisfied in Illinois...then good for you. Hope it goes well. Gosh, what a lot of stress for you and your MRS.Look at it this way, you have a lot of recent experience moving.. maybe it will be easier on the return trip

hope you are s till packed from the indiana move ;) ( 1` year, 2 hand surgeries and a lot of procrastinating and we are still 50% packed from our move :) )

Busa Dave

Well-Known Fanatic
Very sorry to hear!! Was hoping the best for you. COMPLETELY understand about the frustration issue. I left last summer (56) after 33+ and had no intention of going back--ever because the culture has changed so much just the last 5 years. Went to a friends retirement party last week at the plant and was talked into coming back part time. Do not know how long I will last however, because of what I do will be on travel most of the time working Supply Chain performance issues that are dire. That will minimize contact with the folks as SparkyAZ mentioned :). What is ironic was requested to develop some advanced training materials and provide the training, I had to decline because I knew that the frustration level would have been overwhelming because without the basic knowledge in dealing with the unique requirements of military aerospace it is a waste of Most peoples time.

Good Luck in your search! Will be keeping up with your progress!;)

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry to hear this news, Greg. The whole event sounded so positive. I was thinking this was a God send for you and the family. Closer to your daughter, a fantastic job working the Big engines, and living in Indiana. I'm a big fan of Indiana. Rest assured, one door closes - another door will open. Keep the faith, brother. God Speed.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Environment sucks! Hope it works out for the best for you!
I like my job but definitely hate working for a large company, seems to be run by morons for the most part.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Very sorry to hear!! Was hoping the best for you. COMPLETELY understand about the frustration issue. I left last summer (56) after 33+ and had no intention of going back--ever because the culture has changed so much just the last 5 years. Went to a friends retirement party last week at the plant and was talked into coming back part time. Do not know how long I will last however, because of what I do will be on travel most of the time working Supply Chain performance issues that are dire. That will minimize contact with the folks as SparkyAZ mentioned :). What is ironic was requested to develop some advanced training materials and provide the training, I had to decline because I knew that the frustration level would have been overwhelming because without the basic knowledge in dealing with the unique requirements of military aerospace it is a waste of Most peoples time.

Good Luck in your search! Will be keeping up with your progress!;)

consider it ammo and gun money... keeps your attitude moving inthe right direction. I can put up with a lot of bs to get the toys I want

FWoo45

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry to hear about this. It's for the best though. F that bs.