Slemmo shooting stuff

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
Yep, so Rifle Nationals and twogun nationals is a wrap.

I got 3rd place 2gun nationals and another sour 4th at rifle nationals.

I was at least top three after the first 10 of 11 rifle stages. Probably top 2. Then I misjudged the HF on this (and last stage)

The stage was pick up rifle in box, all magasines to be used placed on stage props. Then shoot two close range paper through left window, then sit down at table, shoot 2 paper at 200 meters with bipod on table, then run to the right and shoot some paper leaning out by the right wall. then sit down at the low port, shoot one close target, two steel at about 50 meter, 3 paper at about 200 and two paper at 300.
I thought the stage would be closer to 1 hf than 2 and took too long making good shots. Had I shot it 5 seconds faster I would have had 3rd place instead of 4th.

But anyway, I've bee shooting more pistol than rifle this winter so a 2gun nationals bronze was pretty cool anyway.

My club also picked up team gold for rifle and 2gun as expected, which is always cool.

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
Took the scenic route driving home. This stuff is pretty awesome even by my standards. 1500 kilometer north from where I live.

The biggest hero of the match was this guy who figured out a way to see more targets from one position than anyone else.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tyXs_VOpk4[/media]

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
Shot one of my rifle drills yesterday with some serious(ly old) hardware.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSRJs7-N2YM[/media]

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
The Norwegian practical shooting organization have a smaller national shooting discipline called "civilian pistol", basically the stages are all 5 targets only with time plus scoring, and there are 5 divisions.......Pocket/subcompact, compact 9mm, compact .40/10mm, snub revolver and open .22. The stages have typically been slightly less PC than IPSC.....Like grab gun from briefcase while typing on a laptop. gun on nightstand while lying in bed. I guess this is our kind of IDPA, just without all the silly rules.
Because the first division doesn't allow draw from holster, all stages are typically "table" starts.
I shot division 2 and 3 today, and since I can't shoot worth **** with iron sights, and the time plus scoring essentially kills everyone that doesn't shoot all As pretty much all the time I suck at it, but it's still fun.

My run with a Glock 23. Shot my G19 after that but didn't film it.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz292o0ev8E[/media]

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
Last Lvl3 pistol match for the season, placed 5th in open division with my czechmate, not too bad for a rifle shooter. Only have a crappy headcam vid to show. At least I remembered to turn it on for one stage. The fastest guy (GM) shot this stage 1.4 sec faster.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFP3t87Mvt8[/media]

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
Old cold war bomb shelter. We have lots of them in every city here. The previous one I posted is in Oslo, and the last one I posted now is in Moss, a city 40 minutes outside Oslo.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
slemmo said:
Old cold war bomb shelter. We have lots of them in every city here. The previous one I posted is in Oslo, and the last one I posted now is in Moss, a city 40 minutes outside Oslo.
Why shoot underground?

posted via Tapatalk

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
Haha. They're used all year too though. You can't really have an outside shooting range in the middle of a big city. The one we have in Oslo is located right next to a popular park. Tons of hipsters are walking by the entrance every day, completely clueless that there's a shooting range inside.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
In the interest of internatonal relations I feel I must ask what exactly a Norwegian hipster is.

I'm curious if it's the same thing as the American version.

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
Bearded IPAbrewing lumberjacks that doesn't actually look like real men...or lumberjacks.
But I think probably the momentum is over. It's not as trendy as it used to be. Either that or I'm not spending enough time downtown anymore to have a clue about what's going on.

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
Classification update after the L3 is in.
My goal of reaching M without practicing is beginning to look feasible, just have to keep this up for the next three matches :yes:
So far in 2016 I've shot 36 rifle, mini rifle and pistol matches, and have one L2 pistol match left (as I know of)

30407259164_923e5d67b8_z.jpg

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
New Finnish 7.62x39 prototype rifle

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxW3mLs2pvE[/media]

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
Going to bring two rifles to the Rifle World Shoot in Russia, the top one is going to be rebuilt with a longer handguard and 18" barrel. The bottom one is the 20" I've been shooting the last couple years. Haven't decided what's going to be the main match rifle and which one is the backup.

32842540312_dde4d1ea7f_h.jpg

Latest posts