Sig Sauer Stainless 1911 45ACP Target UPDATE......CCW??

PJP

Fanatic
I own Colt 1911's and appreciate them for what they are and do....I actually CC a Colt Combat Commander.
I acquired a Sig Sauer Stainless 1911 45ACP Target NIB.
Dates around 2017 I believe.
This pistol is beautifully made and fit and finish is outstanding.
I don't see much reference of them on the various 1911 forums or other forums??
That all said how do you forum members feel about these pistols?
UPDATE QUESTION:
Does anybody CCW these type pistols?
What I'm asking is how you all think from a concealed carry perspective?.....the Sig pistol checks all the boxes like .45 ACP, stainless, 9 rounds capacity, very accurate, very reliable etc!!
So thoughts on CCW for these pistols
sig 1911.jpg

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

PJP

Fanatic
I took my Sig 1911 apart and did a clean and lube.......gun is tight and very well made.
I'm certain it will be more accurate than I can shoot! :)

awmp

Well-Known Fanatic
I have seen them in the past but the box like slide never did anything for me and sometimes holsters can be an issue from what I hear.

What I have heard is they started out rough but are now a pretty good 1911.

Nikrnic

Well-Known Fanatic
I had one briefly, I sold it because it would not fit in my holsters... It seemed very well made, and the person who bought it from me loves it, says it is extremely accurate.
I had one too, also briefly. Nice piece overall but became a meh for me, sold it for a Dan Wesson PM9, much nicer for me.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I have an early (?) Sig 1911 ..it's labeled GSR Revolution.. a nicely built 1911. Came with front strap checkering. nice trigger..great workmanship/finish.
Some don't like Sig 1911's due to their use of an external extractor. Doesn't bother me.

dennishoddy

Baby 1911 for me with the Sig P-938. Very concealable and very accurate for a small compact pistol.

iu

Bill O’Rights

Active Fanatic
I own Colt 1911's and appreciate them for what they are and do....I actually CC a Colt Combat Commander.
I acquired a Sig Sauer Stainless 1911 45ACP Target NIB.
Dates around 2017 I believe.
This pistol is beautifully made and fit and finish is outstanding.
I don't see much reference of them on the various 1911 forums or other forums??
That all said how do you forum members feel about these pistols?
UPDATE QUESTION:
Does anybody CCW these type pistols?
What I'm asking is how you all think from a concealed carry perspective?.....the Sig pistol checks all the boxes like .45 ACP, stainless, 9 rounds capacity, very accurate, very reliable etc!!
So thoughts on CCW for these pistols
View attachment 6655

Thanks in advance
Baby 1911 for me with the Sig P-938. Very concealable and very accurate for a small compact pistol.

iu

Bill O’Rights

Active Fanatic
One of my "house guns" and occasional carry piece is an Sig "Nightmare". It's a dream to me. I like everything about it - reliable, accurate, comfortable, never a bobble.

Despite the non-traditional slide dimensions & aesthetics (which I find appealing), I've had zero problems carrying it in the following 1911 holsters: kydex or similar material Blackhawk Serpa CQB, leather Galco (Combat Master?), Safariland (568?), leather repro WW2 style w flap… I've shot/carried it at the range, on routine errands, road trips, in the woods, swamp and marsh, snow, rain, hot and humid … Reliable as sun up.

So from my limited experience, with a slightly different model of Sig 1911, I see no reason you shouldn't carry yours. Presuming you've thoroughly vetted it for reliability with your ammo choices.

My 2 cents, EBITA & inflation.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Have held a couple Sigs at my LGS but that's as far as it went, looked and felt great, might should have pursued one, really intrigued by the Standard Manufacturing's 1911's though, probably be my next one, the blued model with white Lok Grips would make a nice addition

Angel Feliciano

Fanatic
I own 4 Sig 1911s two TacOps 5 inch early production and 2015 TacOps Carry plus a regular model. Sig packs allot of features and value into their 1911 line or at least they used to a few years ago when you could get different models in different calibers. My first Sig 1911 was a 2010-11 TacOps that was build with the remnants of the Tool Steel Cylinder & Slide and it was handfitted to perfection. My second Blackwater/TacOps is a pre-production Blackwater pistol that was made available to the people who created the BW1911 and were hand build by C&S with tool steel parts no MIM. My BW1911 is #4 of 100 which was individually numbered on the slide and the serial number match the box. I purchased the BW1911 this summer and paid a fair price but don't think the seller knew what they had. Here are a couple of pictures of my two 5 inch SIG 1911 my 2010 TacOps and my 2008 Special Order GSR 1911 Blackwater Worldwide pistol which was a Limited Edition Run of pistols that were made as a Thank You for Blackwater Staff in the Pro Shop and Instructors which had a hand in the development of the SIG 1911 Blackwater pistol which was Semi-Custom Pistol just like this GSR Limited Edition that was Hand Fitted by the Expert Pistolsmiths from Cylinder and Slide. I have added a Smith Alexander MSH w/Slim Magwell and I also changed the Rosewood Bear Claw Grips with a Set of Hogue G10 Checkered Grips and Wilson Combat 18.5 LBS Recoil Spring and Shok Buffer which is something I always install in all my 1911s. The BW pistol came with Original Novak Sights which are starting to go dim but I am not sure if I am going to swap them since the front sight is narrower than the one that came in my TacOps. The other thing that is different between the BW and TacOps is the Roundness of the front part of the Ejection port to allow of clearing of loaded rounds easier which is a Cylinder and Slide calling card that they pioneered in their Trident 1911 in the 2009-2010ish but SIG was able to get it done on 2010 TacOps like mine. The other thing that both pistols have in common is ALL TOOL STEEL no MIM parts! The TacOps has Crimson Trace LG-919 G10 Red Laser Grips and I also replaced the Ed Brown 2pc. MSH w/ Magwell with a Smith Alexander MSH w/Slim Magwell. I Concealed Carry my TacOps in DeSantis Speed Scarab or Galco Miami Classic and I recently picked up a Blank Point Tactical Kydex holster from the Sig website.

Many people gave Sig a bad reputation when they first came out with the 1911 back in 2000 using Caspian frames and slides with a third party barrel and internals. The original GSR 1911 had issues so Sig went back and drawing table and enterer into partnership C&S and then with Blackwater since in the early 2000 BW was the top training facility before the 2008 issues in the middle east.

IMG_20230216_014022768.jpgIMG_20230216_014131836.jpg

Last edited: