Show us your revolvers

BuddyC

Fanatic
My BIG one

This is one of my favorites. It's a Colt Walker Replica made by Uberti in Italy. The revolver holds a powder charge of 60 grains in each chamber, more than twice what a typical black powder revolver holds. It weighs 4 1?2 pounds unloaded, has a 9-inch barrel, and fires a .44 caliber conical bullet or round ball.
Uberty%20Walker_zpsfxkck0qg.jpg

PANZER22

Well-Known Fanatic
Raver, it is in my opinion very gagish!........I agree with the genrl..

Firearms should look like firearms.

Food for thought; shoot someone with it and then present it to the jury as evidence....I think the intentions of the shooter would be demonstrated....................

I am dying from emphysema, so I can clearly see the message on the cigarette lighter "one, all of you best take seriously"..............

Midnight Raver

Well-Known Fanatic
Panzer22, what do you mean by "gagish"? I'm assuming you are speaking in a form of English, speak plainly and maybe we can understand what you were trying to convey with your entire post.

If you are inferring that what he has is not a "firearm", then just say so...

BuddyC

Fanatic
My Uberti Walker

Raver,
Thank you for your comment on my Walker. I picked it up at a gun show a few years ago and it has been a joy to shoot.

Dayman

Well-Known Fanatic
My BIG one

BuddyC said:
This is one of my favorites. It's a Colt Walker Replica made by Uberti in Italy. The revolver holds a powder charge of 60 grains in each chamber, more than twice what a typical black powder revolver holds. It weighs 4 1?2 pounds unloaded, has a 9-inch barrel, and fires a .44 caliber conical bullet or round ball.
Uberty%20Walker_zpsfxkck0qg.jpg

Thats a neat gun. I have never shot a black powder pistol before... I imagine the process of loading and shooting is as fun as the bang.

BuddyC

Fanatic
Blackpowder Guns

There is a lot to enjoy about shooting blackpowder guns. They don't cost much to shoot, especially if you cast your own bullets, and the slower pace lets you enjoy the whole process. You can get in touch with history if you learn the story behind the guns. Take my Walker for example, when Colt got the order for the gun in 1847 he didn't have a factory or the equipment to build the guns so he outsourced the work to the Eli Whitney, Jr. armory. Colt had made a .36 caliber revolver. the Patterson, in 1836 but had since gone out of business. The Walker Colt is the gun that got Samuel Colt back in the firearms business.

Dave29461

Well-Known Fanatic
It's an add on for improving the grip. I think it was called a grip shoe or something similar. For my hand it does make it more comfortable.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
PapaBear said:
Anyone know anything about this thing? I have this strange fascination with it and cannot control myself when I see these pictures.....

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364894
I understand completely. Something about that smooth slab of stainless... poor fella probably got all excited about his Gunbroker win... and it has a cracked frame. :(

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
Silent Bob said:
Negative. That is the side plate. Not a crack. Super crazy cool gun though!
Guess I should have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, because I'm obviously no expert. That was my first thought, but it looked a little rough and gaping, and some other yahoo commented on it. Sorry, I've been eyeing Rugers.

I was wondering what it would take to wake you up, Bob.

PapaBear

Well-Known Fanatic
bigfutz said:
PapaBear said:
Anyone know anything about this thing? I have this strange fascination with it and cannot control myself when I see these pictures.....

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364894
I understand completely. Something about that smooth slab of stainless... poor fella probably got all excited about his Gunbroker win... and it has a cracked frame. :(

And I have found one.....and trying to work out price and payment options now......damn it. ;)

Silent Bob

Well-Known Fanatic
bigfutz said:
Silent Bob said:
Negative. That is the side plate. Not a crack. Super crazy cool gun though!
Guess I should have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, because I'm obviously no expert. That was my first thought, but it looked a little rough and gaping, and some other yahoo commented on it. Sorry, I've been eyeing Rugers.

I was wondering what it would take to wake you up, Bob.
Ha!! They really do look similar. I REALLY liked the look of that gun though.

Latest posts