Show us your revolvers

Schultz

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok wheel gun folks let's see em. ;) I'll start with two of my favorites.

This one is my prized possession, It was my Grandfathers and has possibly only been shot once or twice. It a Colt New Service, Cal 45 colt and I still have the box too.
34a-ColtNewServiceRevolverCal45Colt.jpg

Colt Frontier/peacemaker Cal 44/40 BP, This is a fun one to shoot.
22a-ColtFrontierCal44-40CircaMid1900s.jpg

tigerfan00

Well-Known Fanatic
My pride and joy safe queen

A 19teens Colt SAA with the original grips (unfortunately broken grips)

Serial # has been verified via www.proofhouse.com...it has only been out of the holster once in the past 30+ years for pictures for insurance purposes
DSC01790.jpg

41002d1258515363-semi-old-colt-revolver-dsc01791.jpg

It's a sweet ass old school shoulder holster that holds a bunch of spare rounds...the holster was loaded when it was boxed away by my grandfather and the box has a couple boxes of .38 special in it too

S&W 629 .44 Mag
live5bC3O6.jpg

I also have a Charter Arms 357 mag pug but no pics avail right now

Scott J

Well-Known Fanatic
This could take awhile. I consider myself a revolver guy even though my handgun collection is now roughly even between wheelguns and autos.

I got started with an old S&W pre-war M&P .38 and other than the Ruger Mark II I bought for practice owned nothing else for the first 8 years I was a guncrank.

For the longest time my favorite was my S&W 629 Classic. My 3rd revolver. I traded the M&P mentioned above toward a 6 inch 686 which I later traded on this. As much as I love it I wish I'd saved money rather than making those trades.
629.jpg

I actually carried the 629 as a CCW piece for many months. It was all I had. Fortunately I stood all day so that made life easier. But I needed something more reasonable to carry and wound up getting a Ruger SP101 (came across its receipt from May 1992 the other day). I bobbed the hammer spur but kept the SA capability. You just start it back with the trigger then grab the hammer to pull to full cock. I have carried this more than anything. We have been on many trips across country and had big adventures like having to go over the side during a rafting trip to pull the boat to shore. I added a Meprolight night sight for my birthday back in 2010.
Gear007.jpg

My S&W 66 has in the past couple of years displaced the 629 as my favorite (or at least tied). Funny thing is I bought it from a friend in 1994, sighted it in for .38s and it spent years as my wife's car gun. Back in late 2008 I had it out for a checkout and came to realize what a fine piece it is. I wound up getting a Bersa Thunder for my wife and retasked the 66 (sighted back in for magnums) into my carry rotation. I intend to carry it as a hiking piece if I can ever find the time to hike. It is what I started IDPA with as it fits my hand better than anything else I own. This picture was taken to show how filthy it was after an IDPA match and a practice session. Around 200 rounds of my cast lead reloads.
DSC_3068.jpg

In the late Summer/early Fall of 2010 I really got to missing that old M&P. I got to poking around on Gunbroker and came across this one about an hour's drive away. Got it for a mere $185 +tax. The finish is more patina than blue but the action is amazingly good. It'll do 6 in a single ragged hole at 7 yards if I do my job.
IMG_9854.jpg

Talking to a fellow guncrank co-worker who is now retired and discussing that I owned no .357 with a barrel length over 2.5 inches led to him holding this old 28-2 for me for a year. He has no heirs to speak of and has a couple of S&Ws that tempt me. I had planned on getting another from his collection in 2012 but with the move it will probably have to wait.
DSC_1661.jpg

By early 2011 I had a healty Gunbroker addiction going. Any sub-$200 S&W revolver in Alabama got my attention. In June I succumbed to the temptation of this old .32 for $125 +tax. I've yet to fire it. We went on vacation right after buying it and I discovered it has carry up issues with the cylinder. I've not had the time to correct it. It's probably close to 100 years old.
DSC_1887.jpg

I fell bassackwards into this one back in August. I had a old pile of a VW Beetle (my first car) that I'd been saying I'd restore "someday". Well I finally admitted that someday would never come and decided to trade it. I have never owned a 4 wheeler so I was primarily looking for that. I traded for one but found it to need more work than I was willing to undertake. I wound up trading the 4 wheeler for a Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm. It didn't really thrill me and I had plenty of 9mms so I looked to sell to raise cash for a budget 1911 or trade outright for one. Someone showed me this as a trade for the Taurus +$50, I got a full blown case of "oh look, it's shiny" for the first time in my life and added it to the collection. It's probably 1956 vintage.
DSC_3058.jpg

Links to the images since some are beyond the forum's 800X600 limit:
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp18 ... 75/629.jpg
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp18 ... ear007.jpg
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp18 ... C_3068.jpg
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp18 ... G_9854.jpg
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp18 ... C_1661.jpg
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp18 ... C_1887.jpg
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp18 ... C_3058.jpg

PCShogun

Well-Known Fanatic
30mu6oo.jpg

Not a big wheel gun fan but as a military collector I was intrigued by this weapon. Its my only revolver at this time. It is fun to shoot and can be accurate once you learn how hard the trigger is and compensate.

The Nagant M1895 is unique in that it is a "Gas Seal" revolver. As the weapon is cocked, the cylinder turns and then moves forward, inserting the neck of the crimped cartridge case into the chamber. The bullet is actually seated below the neck of the case so when fired the bullet pushes up and expands the crimped portion against the forcing cone, sealing the breech and preventing gas from leaking out of the gap between the cylinder and chamber. This increased bullet velocity by about 75 fps. The bullet is also more perfectly seated when entering the rifling, as it doesn't have to jump the gap, increasing accuracy. The cylinder holds 7 rounds of .32 caliber (7.62*38R) ammunition.

That's all for the plus side.

The pistol has a manly trigger pull at about 18 pounds in double action. Single action is a tad lighter at about 12. The rounds are weak, hard to find, and can be expensive when obtained locally. You can fire .32 long and .32 magnum but it wasn't designed for it. Bulged cases and bad accuracy are the usual result.

Its unique in history. I've never heard of anyone else making a "Gas Seal" revolver. It get attention at the range because of its strange looking rounds and the forward locking cylinder. It is always good for a conversation starter on the rest of my collection.

tigerfan00

Well-Known Fanatic
My folks showed off one of my inheritance revolvers tonite...no pics yet but it's a Colt Army Special in .32-20 and per the serial number...looks to be circa 1911/1912 vintage

Has a pretty nice patina but some scratches as it was used for many many many years as a carry gun on the farm...

Another safe queen that hasn't been fired in at LEAST 30 years

PCShogun

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes, but heirloom firearms are awesome as it combines history of the firearm with family history. That is waaaaay cool.

tigerfan00

Well-Known Fanatic
PCShogun said:
Yes, but heirloom firearms are awesome as it combines history of the firearm with family history. That is waaaaay cool.

agreed! I'm excited, but in NO hurry to get them! Dad wanted to refinish them and I about yelled at him

Scott J

Well-Known Fanatic
CinSC said:
Well, I'm a little ashamed to post this pic of my Plain Jane Ruger

Nothing to be ashamed of about that fine Ruger. One just like it along with a similar sized Spyderco were my companions when we headed out for pork, peas and greens today.

deeHKman

Well-Known Fanatic
Found this last week. Wanted something i could shoot anything from short's to long rifle. This .22 has no forcing cone si i should be fine. Came with the box and manual. Made in Gardner,MA which is closed. NEF Model R92 .22 4" barrel...in very good shape

I'll try and get a pic. having problem's uploading..

Geezer

Well-Known Fanatic
I'll share a few.

Ex police S&W Model 10.
10b1.jpg

S&W Flat Latch Model 36.
fl.jpg

S&W Model 36.
36n.jpg

S&W Model 10.
10snub.jpg

S&W Model 10.