ShootzenFest casting session today, gotta get ready.........

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Turned close to 20 pounds of lead in 125 grain 9mm bullets today. Next step is to run them thru the Star & lube 'um up.

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
Re: ShootzenFest casting session today, gotta get ready.....

Very kool
I have also begun my preparations for ShootzenFest.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic

Phase 2 this morning, another 20lbs of wheel weights turned into pure bullet goodness.

M16MANIAC

Well-Known Fanatic

Can't wait to help ypu UNLOAD some 9mm rounds with your MP5 clone. :twisted:

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic

M16MANIAC said:
Can't wait to help you UNLOAD some 9mm rounds with your MP5 clone. :twisted:
Sounds like a plan, I'll bring the 9mm Beta mag for you!

Wait until you shoot the 10mm with my newly developed load of 180 FMJ's at 1500 FPS, that thing rocks your world - literally!

M16MANIAC

Well-Known Fanatic

[/quote]Wait until you shoot the 10mm with my newly developed load of 180 FMJ's at 1500 FPS, that thing rocks your world - literally![/quote]

You have got those rounds cooking. It will definitly be a blast to shoot your 10.

Shot kevin's 300 blackout the other day, that thing is wicked quiet. I had to rag him though, the 220gr looks so small next to my 300gr 338 :shock:

lafayette gregory

Well-Known Fanatic

Hmmm. make your own- Good idea. I just ordered 1k of 230 gr 45 acp FMJ from Georgia arms for the bling bling. Also 1k of 9mm 147grain FMJ for da UZI. Gotta love dat canned heat :lol:
No smelting, no pressing, no weighing, about 5min on the net :p

P-1

Well-Known Fanatic

lafayette,

Hate to hear about the ammo. G-arms does a good job. I have posted under ammunition a special on 45. Good luck. There may be a show on the weekend of june 4th in charleston.

J

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic

Man I wish I could afford to spend that kind of money on ammo LG I just can't bring myself to do it, wouldn't be fair to the wife.

Here's the deal I get all my lead free and purchased plenty of primers using CC points so they were also free.

However for this breakdown lets include the cost of primers which my last batch cost $13/K. The powder (surplus & no hazmat or shipping BTW) ran $10 per pound so my 9mm lead reloads cost about $19.43 per thousand.

Bump it up a notch and use my favorite Vihtavuori powder and my cost per thousand sky rockets to $37.84, I can live with that.

Bottom line is I can shoot cast lead bullets in 9mm and 45acp for less than 22LR so I guess those hours spent reloading are paying off.

mcdaniel

Well-Known Fanatic

Thats awesome, I have wanted to reload but I dont have a place to set up. We are building a new house and Ihave a garage finally so I plan to set up a bench in there.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic

I get about 1100 projectiles at 125 grains each.

SuperChuck

Well-Known Fanatic

There was a new 247 Gr 30 cal mold on a group buy a while back.. After running my uppers through FA, its obvious that $1+ each bullets are a bit too expensive for magazine dumps...LOL

I'll be picking up one of the molds, for when I go high volume.

245gr300BLK.jpg

311247GrFNWhisperinmag.jpg

311247GrFNCastWhisper.jpg

Gotta start somewhere.. :)

Charles

HHB Guns

Well-Known Fanatic

SuperChuck said:
There was a new 247 Gr 30 cal mold on a group buy a while back.. After running my uppers through FA, its obvious that $1+ each bullets are a bit too expensive for magazine dumps...LOL

I'll be picking up one of the molds, for when I go high volume.

245gr300BLK.jpg

311247GrFNWhisperinmag.jpg

311247GrFNCastWhisper.jpg

Gotta start somewhere.. :)

Charles

Please tell me that first mag dump I did with the blackout wasnt $30 worth. No wonder they worked. lol

SuperChuck

Well-Known Fanatic

LOL Henry, it was not a full mag, and it was still well worth it.. when I had the initial trigger problem, my "oh crap" index notched up a bit, so I needed to see it work good to get the anxiety level down.. Between your lower and my upper, I didn't want there to be any serious issues.. The first magazine dump made all those worries go away..

I figured that the best test for the upper was the "factory ammo" so don't fret it, I had a great time, and the conversion over to the 5.45x39 was just as fun. No worries here.

If you're still feeling guilty, I'll get you to help me find a good deal on a 9mm can for it.. its about time for a few stamps! Hanging around that crowd makes my tastes and preferences get more expensive. :)

But I can tell you, if I can find a cast lead bullet that feeds, instead of $30(for 50) boxes of 240 Gr SMK's. I'll be able to enjoy a LOT more mag dumps with the cast. Especially if I can find a bit of a free or scrap-priced lead supply - wheel weights, lino-type, etc.

So I put the cart before the horse.. If there are any molds left after that group buy, I'm trying to get one, and will work into casting and reloading over time.

Charles

biganimal

Well-Known Fanatic

Rolling my own is the only way I can shoot today.
Because I cast and swage most of my bullets using wheel weights and lead recovered from my job as a plumber I can shoot the following calibers at these costs.

9mm box of 100 $4.17

380acp box of 100 $4.17

45acp box of 100 $4.32

45/70 box of 100 $8.06

44mag box of 100 $8.06

I buy primers and powder in bulk and try to co-op with other reloaders to keep my costs down. I cannot and will not buy locally due to the dealers around here want to pay the mortgage with each sale. I recently ordered powder and paid an average of $15.72 per LB. Thats a damn sight lower than ATP's $26.99 per LB!!!

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic

I'll go heat up the lead pot!
Seriously that thing looks nice, plus you got some camera skills.

Latest posts