Shooting glasses

The Antichrome

+1 for Rudy Project. Used them for 10+ years in various sports. Excellent products, awesome warranty, best customer service around.

Antichrome, thanks for posting, are you sponsored by them, or?

No I am not...and didnt mean to give the impression that I am, sorry.
But IIRC, one of our other board members is, and I was just tryin' to draw him in to the conversation;-)

I did have some involvement with their sales/marketing dept and some of their sponsored athletes in years past.
Excellent product IMO. Kinda neat that they offer some support to our sport.

I have a set of Rx rudys and I love the heck out of them. But I am about to get a set of Decots, I think. GT; tell me about your frames; did you go with the standards? oversize, those revels? Adjustable bridge?

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
I got the Revel's with the standard frame. My PD is pretty narrow and they told me to avoid the wide frame.

My eyesight is pretty crappy and it took a while to get my lenses, but I really think they are worth it, comfy as the day is long and I have great peripheral vision.

Welcome to try em' on next match.

Are they high up enough to where you can see well with a cheekweld if you were prone?

Chambers

actual GM
GT do you wear them when you play billiards?

large_pool.jpg

Chambers

actual GM
What a dork!!

If I ever squad with "Jerry" or whoever he is I'll be sure to tell him. :)

Curly

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a pair of Decots,best money I have spent,I have an astigmawhatever that can't be corrected with soft contacts and I can't stand nothing in my eyes.Javier and Kurt also use them.You call them with your prescription and tell them what you are shooting and they do it from there.extra lenses are only $123.00 a set,and you can send the colored lenses back to them and they will darken them if you are not satisfied.Took about 10 days to get

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a cheap yellow lens pair from Wal-mart. I can wear them comfortably through the match, they don't fog, the frames don't get in the way, and seem to be clear. Is there something that I am missing? I like the yellow lens unless it is sunny outside. What is the difference between the yellow and amber?

Jackary

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a pair of Oakley Balistic M Frames they are pretty nice for shooting they came with the clear and smoke lenses and are pretty easy to swap the lenses on

english kanigit

Well-Known Fanatic
Oklahoma - At the Bubonic Bed and Breakfast lookin
I can vouch for Rudy's customer service.

I sent an older set of my Kerosenes in for service as the frame and lenses were shot after 5 years of harsh treatment. New lenses were $20 per set and new nose pieces and earsocks were around $20 as well. Before they shipped I received a phone call from CS. Their guy found a crack in the frame and replaced the frame for free.

I know there's also a discount code 'vickers'. It looks to be a cumulative discount as I was able to add it on top of the previously mentioned code.

Right now for ballistic stuff I've been running Revision's Sawfly for the last couple of years. The new style TX frame with the thinner ear pieces is extremely comfortable for wear under earpro. Also, I have an Rx carrier setup for when I'm not wearing my contacts. The cool thing about Revision is they have two styles of Rx carriers and both will fit in any set of glasses or goggles that are set to take the 'scip carrier. Using an Rx carrier is not the be-all, end-all optically but it is quite usable. The real benefit is that if the ballistic lens were to take a hit from frag, jacket materiel, K'boom, whatever the ballistic lens is changeable and it protects the expensive 'scrip lenses.

Ek

aldrin44

Well-Known Fanatic
I just picked up a set of Rudy Genetyks and I've been really impressed so far. Plus...the red lenses make me look like Bono

[email protected]

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a pair of Oakleys that I was issued in Saudi in 98 and they are still good to go. They look a litle worn but after 13 years I am happy with them.

Latest posts