Shooting glasses

Chambers

actual GM
So I just started using my normal eye protection when dry firing and I've realized they suck.

I'm looking for some decent, comfortable eye protection with interchangeable lenses, case, etc. What do you guys got?

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I would be interested in some opinions on glasses as well.

I saw someone at the last Heartland match shooting with yellow lenses and wondered if that helped any in a low[er] light situation?

Biggsly

Well-Known Fanatic
So I just started using my normal eye protection when dry firing and I've realized they suck.

I'm looking for some decent, comfortable eye protection with interchangeable lenses, case, etc. What do you guys got?

I just use S&W glasses. I have a pair of yellow and a pair of clear. I like them. I might also be interested in some with interchangeable lenses.

Chambers

actual GM
Let me add another criteria...they need to be clear. These cheap ass clear glasses I have have this fisheye effect around the edges, like I'm looking through a Barska scope. :p

okcowboy

Fanatic
I would be interested in some opinions on glasses as well.

I saw someone at the last Heartland match shooting with yellow lenses and wondered if that helped any in a low[er] light situation?

I typically shoot with yellow lenses indoors. I think it helps with contrast and therefore depth perception. I just buy cheap ones at Walmart or Academy.

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
Wasnt Jesse looking at getting a pair of Decot Sport Glasses awhile back? Ive seen a few pairs but never tried them on. They have good reviews online

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I use prescription shooting glasses for pistol these days, but when I'm running optics on long guns I use Bolle' Vigilante's. You can get a SES 4 lens set for under $100 on ebay. They're very distortion free edge to edge and they're Rx'able. I really like their sandstone lens on cloudy days.

I have three pairs that I've been using for the past 10 years, so they're pretty durable.

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
I've heard good things about the Rudy Project glasses and the kits that they offer. I'm looking into a kit myself.

ChrisC

Revolver Division
i wear oakley M frames. they came in a case with clear, persimmon, and smoke.. Ive had them almost a year, the cheap glasses would only last a few matches before they were scratched up..

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
i wear oakley M frames. they came in a case with clear, persimmon, and smoke.. Ive had them almost a year, the cheap glasses would only last a few matches before they were scratched up..

+1 Oakley M frames are the most comfortable glasses I've used.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
I use ESS Ice Naros...they're for people with tiny heads. The reason I like them over most other glasses is they don't have the frame running across the top of the lens, which is exactly where I look when I'm shooting irons on an AR.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Rudy's are the clearest and safest glasses available right now. Not only opinion but this has been tested several times against the big boys. Don't take a chance with your eyes.

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic
0998FE2B-3048-812A-2E2A1719E3F251C4.jpg

I have a set of these with smoke/yellow/clear lenses. So far they've been OUTSTANDING.

USSTANDARDISSUE.com has been a good vendor to deal with too.

samuelshoun

Well-Known Fanatic
+1 for Rudy Project. Used them for 10+ years in various sports. Excellent products, awesome warranty, best customer service around.

Antichrome, thanks for posting, are you sponsored by them, or?

Latest posts