Shoot / No Shoot: Wal-Mart beat down

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
SCENARIO:

You are leaving the local Wal-Mart at rush hour (dark:30) and heading to your vehicle at the far end of the parking lot (You park your $70,000 F-250 there so you don't get door dings). As you walk by a row of cars you see a man wrestling with a woman between two cars and she is not winning.

This is all you know about the situation, what action do you take?

a. call 911 and wait for the police
b. intervene physically on behalf of the woman
c. call 911 and intervene physically on behalf of the woman
d. draw your weapon and demand he stop
e. draw your weapon and shoot the aggressor (man)

disclaimer: Responses are not legal advice. Only personal opinions and discussions

Fyrtwuck

Well-Known Fanatic
I would go with an option that's not listed. Call 911 and start yelling that I've called police. Draw attention to the area. Up to the aggressor if they want to escalate the situation further. Most would not want the attention and run away.

1911-45

Well-Known Fanatic
I know a guy this happen to and when it was all done it turned out to be crime prevention security guy detaining a female shoplifter waiting for his back up which arrived....was not wallyworld but a big store that puts forth effort to stop shoplifting. Always call 911 and be a good witness.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
Call 911 and wait for police first, and then confront the situation, making my presence known. I figure my presence would be a threat to one of them, and I could act from there.

scubor2

S.L.C.G.A.
Business as usual for a Wal-Mart parking lot. Yawn and drive off.

As much as many people would like to intervene you have no idea what the situation is about. Try and intervene and you could get stabbed by both of them. Some couples don't think they are showing their love unless they are punching each other. Could be a rapist could be a security guard. Call 911 let it be known you are watching and keep a safe enough distance from them to have enough time to react in case one comes after you.Most phones have pretty good cameras now , might want to film it in case it does escalate. Stick around and tell cops what you witnessed.

Glockman85

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes never try to be the "hero" you do not want to find yourself become the victim or on trial. As said call 911 and be a good witness.

dennishoddy

Saw a guy outside a bar WAY back in the day intervene when he witnessed a guy slapping this girl around. He turned the guy around, took him to the ground, and started wailing on him. Next thing that happened was the girl was on top of him beating on him!

Yep, call 911, and be a good witness like was said previously.

mikey80

Negative Approach
Jared Carpenter said:
Take the items they dropped before the scuffle and hope the receipts in the bag, go back inside, get refund...buy beer and bullets. Boom...win!!
Kinda like High Skool, huh Jared?

mikey80

Negative Approach
Jared Carpenter said:
Yea but my school didnt want me to drink beer during class soi had to on lunch
So did I. We would peel the labels off the bottles, slap'em on the windshield, and drive back to skool.

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
Take out phone.
Call 911
Start Filming video.
YELL, YOU ARE ON CAMERA!!
Wait for Police to arrive.
If the aggressor turns and starts toward you, the rules just changed.

Don't interfere. I was with a guy in a bar that tried that one time. Man slapping a little bity woman around. My friend punched him one time and knocked him down. Woman he saved hit my fiend in the back of the head with a beer bottle, knocked him out. Woman and man left. I had to help my friend walk out about 5 minutes later. Learned my lesson by watching my friend bleed.

Latest posts