Seth Martin - Production Log

Obiareus

Well-Known Fanatic
Alright so been awhile since i posted. Work and life have been getting in the way of my posting but not my practicing. Quick update.

With my limited space in the current home that i am living in I can only do a few DryFire drills and get the FULL amount of learning out of them. I have Three 2/3 Scale Targets taped up in the closet of my computer room and have just alittle under 10Feet(which is a simulated 10Yards) to do some practice with. I feel that my Indexing is coming along with the glock. The last couple matches we have had i have lost because of issues that i never really thought i needed to practice for but NOW I KNOW and i am working on them.

1st thing is movement: I know that my movement is lacking and really until i get some more room(incoming in June) i can't practice it in dryfire in the time i have alotted because my neighbors get all crazy about me running around my backyard with a gun, and i don't have time to drive (15min each way) to the range to do a 45 min dryfire practice. BUT i am fixing my space issue when i move into my house in June. I will have a 30x30 shop that will be my MANCAVE/GUNROOM and i can't wait.

2nd thing is mental prep: I thought i was getting good at my mental prep but i have slacked off on it and i need to get back to where i was and improve on it even farther than i already had.

Freaking EXCITING WEEKEND this weekend. Friday we(Eric, Adam, and I) have a dryfire class with Steve Anderson then Saturday we are all shooting a club match together, then Sunday we are going to have the Steve Anderson Class @ the range.

I can not wait to see what Steve has in store for us this weekend it should be a great learning experience and hopefully prepare me for the upcoming shooting season.

Obiareus

Well-Known Fanatic
Well fresh out of the weekend i have a few notes:

#1. The Steve Anderson class was worth EVERY PENNY! I learned so much about myself and my shooting that i can't wait till i have the facilities to train more and bring my shooting to the next level.
#2. My shooting on the move leaves little to be desired.
#3. I MUST WORK HARDER!
#4. Learning that there are many ways to train but only some of what i WAS doing was training CORRECTLY.

I have decided that whatever i have to do i will do to get more training in for the upcoming season. There was so much information to process in the class that i haven't sifted through more than 1/4 of the information i need to yet. More to come but not today gotta figure this all out.

Obiareus

Well-Known Fanatic
Been awhile.. i could give some excuses but they would just be that. I have been training on what i learned in the Steve Anderson Class. Trying to get a good feel for what i need to train has been slow going but i am figuring it out. Can't wait to get my new house moved into so i have the space to train uninterupted and without neighbor's complaining that i am pointing a unloaded gun at thier backdoor(not directly but yeah living in town with no shop or building to train in sucks)

1st of JUNE i will have a 25x16 shop that i will be able to train in to my hearts content and i am sure that my hands will hurt with all the training i will be doing.

Latest posts