Saiga 12 shotguns

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
I like these crazy Russian shotguns and have a couple.
I bolted on a couple of new gadgets to the folding one this week and I think it turned out ok.
What do y'all think?

I am still looking for a disco ball to complete it.

saigafolder006crop82029.jpg

retouchcrop9437695.jpg

armedpig

Well-Known Fanatic
I have vever been a big fan of the rails on AK variants, BUT I love the rest of it espicially the H&K sights. Are those made espicially for the Saiga?

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
They are actual HK sights that have been cut down and welded on.

I bought them from a guy in Arizona if memory serves, however Tromix sells them already cut.

I know what you mean about the rails but they give you a place to hang the disco ball :lol:

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
The drum holds 20 rounds.
I am still looking for a Disco ball for it.

Damn I forgot about the bottle opener, I will work on that.

armedpig

Well-Known Fanatic
I used to have a small one lying aroud the house with some junk. If I can find it, it's yours.

Midnight Raver

Well-Known Fanatic
And the lighter? :p

How are the drums loaded? By the feed mouth, or do you open them up to load first and wind the torque spring? Old school drums for firearms used to be loaded that way sometimes, I was wondering what they were like in the 21st century. :ugeek:

Pops

Well-Known Fanatic
Man, that's a cool look. It would stop a bad situation just by bringing it out . . . the bad guys would stop what they're doing to look at it. :cool:

I want to shoot it next time we go to the range. You do shoot it don't you?

what kind of loads are you putting through it? anything in particular? or just target loads?

Also, is that one of those green lasers you bought?

Sweeeet!

;)

armedpig

Well-Known Fanatic
I saw one of these on another forum someone had SBRd. They had to do some tweaking to it because they had also shortned the gas system as well. It was very sweet when they got done though. It had Galil style handguards and the gas block and barrel came to the end of the handguards.

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
Yea when you shorten the barrel you have to adjust the gas system.
There are some tweaks but some of those supershorties will only shoot high brass.
They do look kool though don't they?

tigerfan00

Well-Known Fanatic
I just picked up a saiga 410

any suggestions on converting it or where to buy parts and how to convert it?

tigerfan00

Well-Known Fanatic
good link!

I'll have to call them and see if i can pick up parts since theyre not far from me

thebrasilian

Well-Known Fanatic
Did you have any problems with the drum staying in. A buddy of mine has one and had to tweek it a little for it to stay in. Seems like everytime he buy something new for it he needs to do a lot of work to get it to operate properly.

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
The drums I have need to be fitted.
I have yet to fit the second one.
Neither would lock in without fitting.

Ken

Well-Known Fanatic
I guess I'll jump in here, I have two Saiga-12s. One is running the other is in pieces, I have the bolt and carrier off getting spruced up along with a modified trigger group. I plan to shorten the 18" barrel and permanently attach a Molot GK-01 brake, or I should say I'm going to have that done by a smith with the right license.

I've never been big on shotguns in the past but I love these boys.

Anyone ever want to shoot one let me know and we can meet up at Quickshot. As a member I can bring guests no charge. Just bring some slugs. :p

Oh, and about the drums, or at least the MD drums, I've been lucky that all the ones I have fit with no work. But it's better to have to remove some material for a tight fit than have them loose from the git go. Supposedly, it's almost the stuff of legend, that Mike Davidson is working on a double stack stick type mag but no one knows when they'll be available. I usually run AGP 10 rounders and they work well. At $30 each they're the best deal IMO. A 12 round mag is just too long for me. I also have a ProMag 12 round drum.

Latest posts