Reminder: free UFC on fox tonight

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
should be good fights, figure i would remind everyone since you usually have to pay 45 for the fights!

dennishoddy

I'm watching some reality show on Discovery about some family in Alaska. They have to hunt to survive......These folks need some help.

TroyF

TheBearcat
When the Fertitta brothers bought the UFC back in 2001, the company was on the brink on collapse. Prior it was difficult to get PPV deals, and a lot of State's athletic commissions would not license the events. The UFC at that ime was not much more than cage fights held in circus tents. Public opinion was that the sport was too violent.

Enter the Fertittas and Dana White. At that time a decision was made that they would only seek out "mainstream" corporate sponsors, so as the gain access to licensing in any state.

Least thats the story Ive gotten from Gracie.

TroyF

TheBearcat
They may have allowed tier 2 fighters to pick up sponorships fom some firearms related companies, and apparently that has ended. I guess my point was the UFC has never gone out of its way to cultivate sponsorships with the firearms comminuty.

Interestingly, the biggest sponsor in the UFC is Xyience. Guess who owns that? The Fertittas.......

Regardless, the UFC is still quite enjoyable.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
They may have allowed tier 2 fighters to pick up sponorships fom some firearms related companies, and apparently that has ended. I guess my point was the UFC has never gone out of its way to cultivate sponsorships with the firearms comminuty.

Interestingly, the biggest sponsor in the UFC is Xyience. Guess who owns that? The Fertittas.......

Regardless, the UFC is still quite enjoyable.

yup, i don't get too worked up about it... it is funny because some of the same people that are yelling about how horrible UFC is and how no one should watch it (due to the whole firearm thing) will then watch a movie (produced, directed and acted by people that are more anti firearm) or any show on network television that basically has the same policy

Latest posts