R1 Enhanced

Stlshooter

New Fanatic
Picked up an R1 Enhanced and usually carry IWB. I have had 1911's before a SA and carried in a Bianchi #7 and really liked it no problems. It seems with the R1 that the safety disengages VERY easy. Anyone else have problems with this line ? Just don't want any unwanted discharges. TIA

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Picked up an R1 Enhanced and usually carry IWB. I have had 1911's before a SA and carried in a Bianchi #7 and really liked it no problems. It seems with the R1 that the safety disengages VERY easy. Anyone else have problems with this line ? Just don't want any unwanted discharges. TIA
Mine is as positive as any of my Kimbers, Desert Eagle, Colt or Springfields.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Can I ask what king of IWB holster you use if carrying that way ?
Sorry not gonna be any help there, I use 1911’s for IDPA and fun at the range, some steel challenge, don’t carry them. However I have been having a strong urge to try one of those 3-3 1/2” barrel ones with officers size grip here lately. Fortunately or unfortunately the choices are endless which is also confusing. Lol I need you to go ahead and figure this out so if I do decide to do that you will have some answers for me

Pedro

Fanatic
Stlshooter, Just in case you haven't fixed it yet, I've found that Wolff plunger tube springs stiffen up the thumb safety dramatically; https://www.brownells.com/handgun-p...=Avantlink&utm_content=NA&utm_campaign=Itwine
Pedro.