Quick show of hands. Do you Dual or Quad load during competitions.

There is definitely a learning curve to learn how to Quad load. If you have the time to dedicate learning how to quad load, I think it is well worth the time. If your not sure if you want to dual or quad, I'd say get the IP 2.8s. You can easily load both ways if you find that you prefer one more than the other.

Jennifer Herd Seymour

Glitter Britches
charbonneau482 said:
There is definitely a learning curve to learn how to Quad load. If you have the time to dedicate learning how to quad load, I think it is well worth the time. If your not sure if you want to dual or quad, I'd say get the IP 2.8s. You can easily load both ways if you find that you prefer one more than the other.
I totally agree. I planned on dual loading but wanted the option so I got the IP carriers. But I'm the kind of person that when someone says something like "you are a girl so you need to dual load. Your hands are too small to quad load", then I just have to prove them wrong. Lol

brandt9913 said:
I need to buy some dual loaders, but I learned weak hand loading and that's all I do. Matches should be set up to see how well you can shoot, not how quick you can load a shotgun.
Awesome, agree completely. Leave your loaders at home next month. Shells too, might as well . next month we will have an unloaded shotgun start.

Scott G said:
At yesterdays 3-gun match I watched Mike Cyrwus loading weak hand fast as hell and on the move. I'm loading duals because it's easy and I'm just trying to keep up with the herd, but if I was going to spend a lot of time practicing loading I think I would spend it trying to improve weak hand loading.
you talking about that pistol shotgun stage 3 we started on? Yeah, I hit those fast as hell, suprised myself.

If all youre going is loading 4 on the move, ill take weakhand every day. Contrary to what you hear, the "pros" still weakhand when its advantageous.
Austin T said:
You must have seen Accurate Ron. The last time I saw Mike Cyrwus, the only thing he loaded fast was ice cream cones into his mouth, but he can do that strong and weak hand.
suck it budget tactical

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Check out this quad load on the run at 1:15 in the video. I was running full speed. There is no way I could run that fast ever when I loaded weakhand with the shotgun under my arm or up on my shoulder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-cT4vcBIJo&sns=em

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
brandt9913 said:
Whichever method you choose, you still need to learn how to load weak hand. Many stages will be set up that you only need to load a few shells. Flipping shotgun over to load 2 or 4 is not always quickest.
When you have to reload more than 4 at once, dual or quad is quicker most of the time.

I don't throw the SG up on the shoulder like most. It's just silly looking until you watch someone like Pat Kelley do it. But still it just seems like too much gun movement. I just roll it and tuck the stock into my armpit.

Scott G said:
At yesterdays 3-gun match I watched Mike Cyrwus loading weak hand fast as hell and on the move. I'm loading duals because it's easy and I'm just trying to keep up with the herd, but if I was going to spend a lot of time practicing loading I think I would spend it trying to improve weak hand loading.
I saw that too. He stuffed 4 faster than I stuffed 2 while moving faster even.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Check out this quad load on the run at 1:15 in the video. I was running full speed. There is no way I could run that fast ever when I loaded weakhand with the shotgun under my arm or up on my shoulder.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-cT4vcBIJo&sns=em
Hmm.... I never thought about gun position and movement speed. And you must be talking about 2:15, cuz you ain't running at 1:15. :)

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Currently loading dueces, but am training with quads. Haven't quite gotten quads down well enough to do it live, but hopefully should start it in match soon., Quads are so much faster once you get it figured out.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Girl up is right :boast: my 10 yr old daughter laoded trips. Reminds me I need to get her back to practicing. I load four and have grabbed 5 (WTHeck just happened). I load off of both sides with both hands. Not at the same time of course or I would look like a popsicle and i aint that kind of a guy.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
I will likely be ditching learning quads. Going open now. Just sent my pistol off to get built and tuned. Plan to add an XRail to my shotgun. haven't decided if I should stick with dueces for the rare occasion I would need more than 23 rounds or if I should get the speed loaders. I do maybe one event a year that requires more that 23 rounds, and even that would only have 1 stage with more rounds than that.

jtischauser

I'm not a big fan of the tek loaders. They are fast but not fun to haul around on your leg. I probably need to switch to hand loading my XRail too.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
I have heard a couple others say that same about the tek loaders. There are several open shooters at my local clubs, but most use mag fed shotguns. I don't want to mess with the headache mag fed can be. Would love to have the M2 integrated Xrail you have Jesse.

jtischauser

Tuflehundon said:
I have heard a couple others say that same about the tek loaders. There are several open shooters at my local clubs, but most use mag fed shotguns. I don't want to mess with the headache mag fed can be. Would love to have the M2 integrated Xrail you have Jesse.
The Xrail isn't maintenance free like a straight tube gun is. There is a learning curve just like a mag fed gun.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I don't want to mess with the headache mag fed can be. Would love to have the M2 integrated Xrail you have Jesse.
This is funny

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
I have used an M2 with XRail a few times, just not the fully integrated one. There was a learning curve, but we got past it pretty easy. Mainly changed out the operating spring for a lighter one, and had to run faster loads though it. Ran like a dream after that. Did have to be cleaned between matches to. Sharing the M2 with a friend at shotgun matches is what got me to want to add one to my gun. I had a Stoeger M2000, and sold it because there wasn't an XRail that would fit it. And that's why I bought the Mossberg over an M3000 or M2, since it was a gas gun and wouldn't have the weight issues inertia guns can have.

Mag fed guns, I have seen a few run great. But at the Super Shotgun matched we have locally every year, the mag fed guns seem to have tons of issues. Have only seen a couple of them make it through the match that did have problems. from what the guys running them say, it's usually a magazine issue.

ShaneP

Looks good to me
I have one TACCOM 8up quadload. It took me about an hour to get just as fast as my weak hand loading time. I'm not an expert and have only a few hours total dedicated to practicing with loading quads, but I can load 8 in under 5 seconds, which is equal to or faster than I was able to do weak hand.

The hardest part about loading quads on the clock is grabbing the flaming hot barrel by accident and getting 3rd degree burns, that doesn't happen in my living room while I'm practicing!

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Shane: Fuzzy sided adhesive velcro on your barrel will help with you grabbing the hot barrel. Had someone show me that at a 3gun match after I burnt the crap out of myself.

Latest posts