Quick show of hands. Do you Dual or Quad load during competitions.

Mondo Garcia

Well-Known Fanatic
I have been Dual loading, but practicing Quad. And to tell you the truth I am pretty horrible at Quad loading. I only have about an hour worth of practicing, but I either fumble 1 in every 4 times and am actually faster by 2sec by Dual loading. I am hoping I can change that with more practice though.

So do you quad or dual?

Thnx
mondo

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
I just starting trying to quad load in the last week. The first time I tried it I figured it was a waste of time. Spent more time picking shells up off the floor than putting them in the shotgun. Gave it another shot last night and managed to at least get them in the gun most of the time but it definetly was neither smooth nor fast. I am going to keep working on it but the load two caddies aren't going anywhere in the near future.

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
I did both dual loading off of Taccom 6ups and quad loading off of an AP Q8 last season, and this season I've pulled the Taccom 6ups off my belt and only use the Taccom 8up qualoads, forcing myself to only do quad loads. My reloading time has dropped significantly and fumble far less than when I started.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
I need to buy some dual loaders, but I learned weak hand loading and that's all I do. Matches should be set up to see how well you can shoot, not how quick you can load a shotgun.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
Whichever method you choose, you still need to learn how to load weak hand. Many stages will be set up that you only need to load a few shells. Flipping shotgun over to load 2 or 4 is not always quickest.

When you have to reload more than 4 at once, dual or quad is quicker most of the time.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I need to buy some dual loaders, but I learned weak hand loading and that's all I do. Matches should be set up to see how well you can shoot, not how quick you can load a shotgun.
It's always been a race to see who can load the fastest, even before quads & Deuces became popular.
Otherwise, there would be no more than 8 shotgun targets on a stage. Then you'd only have to load if you missed.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
It's always been a race to see who can load the fastest, even before quads & Deuces became popular.Otherwise, there would be no more than 8 shotgun targets on a stage. Then you'd only have to load if you missed.
Today was perfect for loading. Just enough to find out if you knw how, and not enough to screw you up if you dontn

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I was about to say quad loading was for men with big hands and long fingers until I saw Jennifer Seymour dropping quads on Facebook like it was her job.

Man up ladies! If you're local and need help holla atcha boy.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
I picked up some of Invictus Praticals and I think they help with the grab on the quads. It doesn't look like an Easter Egg hunt as often when I quad load now. I need to work on the weak hand quads.

Bentsight

Well-Known Fanatic
Mainly quads for the last year but it kinda depends on the COF.
Shot the Pikes Peak SG Challenge last weekend, 10 stages in one day and there were some with multiple slugs mixed in the middle of the stage so stacking them in my initial load was a crap shoot in case I had a miss along the way. Ended up using quads, deuces, weak hand and the matchsaver during the day.

45recoil

likes to party
Jesse Tischauser said:
I was about to say quad loading was for men with big hands and long fingers until I saw Jennifer Seymour dropping quads on Facebook like it was her job.
Ill take some IP quad loaders please :)

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
Ill take some IP quad loaders please :) IP emailed me not that long ago and said he had more product available. My dad got two 8 plates very space saving I wish I would have waited for those I got the 12q and 8q. I think I'm gonna order some 8 plates!

boomer mooner

Well-Known Fanatic
At yesterdays 3-gun match I watched Mike Cyrwus loading weak hand fast as hell and on the move. I'm loading duals because it's easy and I'm just trying to keep up with the herd, but if I was going to spend a lot of time practicing loading I think I would spend it trying to improve weak hand loading.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Jennifer Seymour is a freak. I load deuces.

Actually I did it on the clock for the first time Satuday and I only needed to load 4 shells on a couple of stages and it was surprising ly subconscious

Jennifer Herd Seymour

Glitter Britches
Burk Cornelius said:
Jennifer Seymour is a freak. I load deuces.

Actually I did it on the clock for the first time Satuday and I only needed to load 4 shells on a couple of stages and it was surprising ly subconscious
Burk don't be jealous. You just wish you were a freak like me!!!!

Jennifer Herd Seymour

Glitter Britches
Jesse Tischauser said:

Thanks Jesse. And I agree. Man up girls. If I can do it, you can do it!!

Spiff

Semi-Pro
Scott G said:
At yesterdays 3-gun match I watched Mike Cyrwus loading weak hand fast as hell and on the move. I'm loading duals because it's easy and I'm just trying to keep up with the herd, but if I was going to spend a lot of time practicing loading I think I would spend it trying to improve weak hand loading.
You must have seen Accurate Ron. The last time I saw Mike Cyrwus, the only thing he loaded fast was ice cream cones into his mouth, but he can do that strong and weak hand.

Latest posts